Chapter 11

CHAPTER-11

RANE ABODE

GAURI'S POV

"Diii, don't you think Akshay jiju is too good. He is so sweet dii. He still fights with his Mom and Dad like a little kid and even stays mad at them" Prashant started when I was thinking about him.

Yeah!! Sounds like a baby right. I murmured absently.

"Gauri, aren't you happy with this relation asked Dad worriedly. Princess you are scaring me now." What Dad seriously?? After all that happened in the afternoon, you are scared that I would back off. No Dad, never I tried to say when all off a sudden Prashant started his illogical blabber.

"DAD!!! Dii actually referred Jiju as baby. Don't you get that, they are moving ghastly and within no time they will have their own. Dad do something and get them married sooner otherwise I would become uncle a bit more early" Prashant shrieked in horror.

That's it, my brother is officially gone. Sorry friends but it's time for him to bid-adieu.

"Prashant" all the three of us shouted at him and he smiled sheepishly and tried explaining when I grabbed the nearest vase and threw at him. Gladly he dodged that and ran away. Looks like I have some explaining to do now as it's just the three of us.

"Mom, Dad Akshay is all that I could have asked for. Dad he is just like you, he knows what I hide behind a fake smile but never asks for it. Dad he is just as patient as you guys are. Dad he likes me for being me. Mom, you know, he even said that I can be a mystery as long as I want and he wants to be my undoing. He says, he likes when I close myself from everyone so that he can make me viable to him and only him. Mom Dad he is everything." I said it. And to my surprise, Mom pulled me in a hug while Dad dropped a kiss on our foreheads and completed the hug; we stayed like that for some time.

After so much emotional evening, I left to my room in peace. Great, an almost entire day I have spent in being emotional and now I'm tired. A yawn escaped my lips and I made my way to the washroom to get change in some comfortable wear and as soon as I was out, I jumped on the bed and dozed off.

8:00 p.m.

"TRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNG" Shit that was too close to my ear. I rubbed my ear in annoyance and answered the call but to my surprise it was a video call and guess what Akshay just saw me and halted his car abruptly and was staring with his eyes wide open and mouth hanging. Ohhh I know I'm exaggerating but what can I do he is looking like he has never seen me.

"What are you doing?" He said in almost a strained voice. Well technically I was sleeping, right when you decided to call me. So I was going to say the same when he interrupted.

"You know right, we are not engaged. Neither by any means you are mine. But you go on teasing me like you enjoy it. You know what, just.... Awww how I'm suppose to explain you this. Hey... hey... wait you were sleeping, does that mean you sleep in that. Shit, I'm sorry to disturb you then. Fuck, I just don't know what I'm saying and the traffic here is arghhhh..... Baby, hold a minute, I'm parking somewhere safe." He blabbered in a go and started driving again. He knuckles turned white with the force he was applying to keep his eyes and hands to the road and steering wheel respectively. But why was he doing so. Wait, did he just said what I wear to sleep. Shit.... he just didn't see me in these clothes. Oh God, I'm comfortable in this while sleeping so I can't change my habit but I guess he doesn't like it.

"Baby, baby, Gauri you there" His voice brought me out of my reverie. I didn't know what to say, so I just looked down avoiding his gaze. Did I said, he knows what I think, if yes then hear him......

"Baby, look at me. I know you realized what I meant and that's why you are avoiding me. But baby, did I say, I didn't like it. "He said and I looked up to see him smirking mischievously. My cheeks flared up with hotness and I covered myself with the duvet and then he started laughing. His eyes met mine and his laughter died down but his eyes twinkled with some emotion. I guess it was admiration.

"You know, you are sooooo innocent. So cute. You don't know right now, how I want to hold you and squeeze you in me. You are looking so babyish that I feel to peck your lips and see what you will do after. I'm sure you will want to hide somewhere to hide your blush. Oh shit, you look like a perfect tomato. My tomato, oh not mine now but for later sure." He was teasing me and glad to say his words, his gaze everything about him had an effect on me. How can he manage to bring out this side in me? While I was staring at him, his eyes shamelessly roamed over my entire frame and I could see the strain in his eyes that was keeping him from driving over here. So to move his eyes from me, I asked him the reason for calling.

"I was actually going to meet my best friend Akash, and also to tell him about us. Guess what he is mad at me, as I kept u a secret from him." He said dejectedly. Ohh he was upset because his bestie was angry. Awww, my poor baby.

"So, what are you waiting for? Go and explain him. He will understand you after all he is your best friend." I pressed to make him feel a little better. Instantly his lips curved in a smile that I have loved over the few hours of our meet.

"That, toh I'm definitely sure he would understand. But he thinks you are my girlfriend and he is a bit agitated about the whole girlfriend-boyfriend thing since he has his own story." He added sheepishly and I was shocked to hear that. Girlfriend, guess that word didn't set well with me. Memories flooded related to that feeling and I closed my eyes to refrain myself from tearing. This is not the time to remember it, I tried telling to myself but

"Gauriiiiiiii" he pressed and my eyes flew open to meet his pained ones. "Not alone, you are not going to remember your past alone now that I'm here, we will fight with it together. Promise me, that you will not cry remembering your past" And a sob racked my body and he was on alert. His eyes were red from straining them to not cry at least in front of me. And I was glad to find him. I quickly wiped my tears and smiled fully remembering that now I have him."I promise, I'll never cry alone." And that had an effect on him as he too smiled and winked at me.

"Guess, your duvet knows that there is nothing to hide from your husband, Gauri, from today onwards you are my responsibility. My life, my official baby and my wife. I accept you with your flaws. And one day I will take you away from your parents as Mrs. Akshay Walawalkar."

I laughed heartily at his deal of skipping the first step of a committed relationship. That explains that he is a gentleman who cares for his woman's happiness.

"I would love to be your wife but not before being your girlfriend." I stated and he was concerned.

"You don't have to" he tried but I insisted and he was happy. His happiness means a lot to me and if that means fighting the past then it is fighting with him beside me.

"Guess, what I'm late and I need to make a move. So it was a great show Ms. Gauri and I hope that I'm only the one who is allowed to see that." He said sharply and I guess I fell for his possessive nature.

"Okay boss" I mock saluted him and he just rolled his eyes muttering 'she'll be the death of me'

I laughed out loudly and drowned in the sheets when I saw the clock, it was showing 9:15..... Time flies quickly when u are with your loved ones.

I made a dash to the washroom to change and then left downstairs for dinner.