Chapter 2

CHAPTER-2

WALAWALKAR RESIDENCE

Varsha entered Akshay's room to find him getting ready for the day. Akshay sensed someone's presence and turned to look his Mom standing at the door in a deep thought. He felt that something was troubling her and she had come to him for help. Knowing her that she wouldn't open he pulled her to his bed and sat beside her.

"Mom what is it..... If you don't tell then how will I help you...." he asked her with concern dripping after each word. She was overwhelmed to see that besides her husband her son too knew her well.

"There is this friend of your father's whose son is getting married and he wanted our entire family to attend the wedding but since you have particularly married your work , your Dad refused the invitation. But from then he is just sad and you know I can't see him sad so........"

"Mom why???? You know right if you want me to do anything I won't neglect........ Then why Dad refused .........."

"This isn't just the invitation that's bothering him. There are things that he never says to you because he doesn't want to pressure you. The things that only you can give him. But that's for after..... Right now just convince him to attend this damn wedding....

"Okay come......." And he pulled Varsha with him , to where his Dad was.

Kiran was engrossed in his phone and was stressed about something.

He was right that his Dad had things to worry about even though he had just retired but as soon as he saw them approaching he shut his phone and smiled at them....

"What brought my most important people to come approach this old man??" he asked them cheerfully.

"Dad, I was thinking of taking a leave so that we can attend that wedding which you got called for....." Akshay answered his question.

"Son you don't have to sacrifice for me.....

"No Dad it's okay. Besides I want to see how weddings take place in our culture" Akshay gleamed excitedly.

On hearing that Kiran's snapped his head to confirm what Akshay had said and he was grinning to see his son was taking an interest in wedding..... Little or what he had started which was more important so he quickly called his friend and told them they were coming....

Both Akshay and Varsha chuckled at the sudden change of mood of their family-head...

***********************************************************************************************

It was night when the Walawalkar's arrived at the hotel. The groom's family welcomed them but the groom was not there so Akshay moved forward to find him when he heard someone whispering........

"Neha, it's okay. She had suffered enough and she needed escape and that what she took and left......" the boy said consoling the girl.

"I know Sameer but she never mentioned her suffering to me and neither did I asked her... She was always ready for my assistance and I......" she tried to say but couldn't complete that.

"Hmmm.... But the way she cried when I hugged her....it was like that she was letting her walls down but then again something happened and she fled" the boy pointed out the fact.

"That's her for u. She is very keen in hiding her emotions but you caught past her and she was afraid that you would unveil her......." she chirped smiling through her tears.

"I knew that and that's why she clutched me dearly like I was her last piece of sanity but damn she turned her breakdown into a takeoff....." he mumbled .

Both chuckled at the way their friend fled from here......

" Neha, it's late you should sleep now..." saying so he pecked her and let her go.

After hearing all this Akshay made himself visible to Sameer but was shocked to see his eyes moist. They introduced themselves and had a formal talk when they were interrupted by their Dad's who told them to sleep as it was pretty late.....

***********************************************************************************************

Even though Akshay hadn't met the girl he felt something for her.....

It was hard to point out but he was a bit surprised about the facts about the girl....

Her being strong head intrigued him and he wanted to meet this girl......

But little did he know that  she was his little undoing and he was to find out about it in the coming days.........

-6th January 2018