Storm and Stress

((So my plan is that this book about season one will focus more on Eleven and Maggie's relationship, and the second book on season 2 will focus on Mike and Maggie's relationship))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I had my hands placed on Eleven's shoulders as she sat down in front of the DnD board. Lucas, Dustin, and Mike were having a quiet, "boys only" conversation.

     "What's the weirdo doing?" Lucas asked softly, glaring slightly at Eleven. All the boys stood around the table, watching her. Her eyes started closing. She gently placed her hand on top of mine and squeezed it. That was my cue to close my eyes also. So I did. An image filled my brain. It was Will. My eyes quickly opened as Eleven raised the wizard piece.

"Will." I said. Dustin's mouth hung open.

"Do you both have super powers?!" He exclaimed, Lucas whacked his arm. Mike bent over a bit, so his eyes were level with both of ours.

"...did you see him?" He asked, his eyes meeting both of ours at different times. My breath shook. That...that monster...from my dream...he's there...he's there with Will.

"Was he on Mirkwood? Do you know where he is?" Mike asked. My brain was swirling. I had no idea. Where it looked like he was..didn't look familiar at all. It didn't even look like earth. Eleven hit all of the characters off the board. She flipped it upside down. BAM! She slammed the wizard piece onto the board, making me jump. Mike shook his head.

"I-I don't understand." He sputtered.

      "Hiding." Eleven whispered. I felt a familiar feeling of fear creep from my toes up to the top of my head. I shook lightly.

     "Will is hiding?" Mike asked. There was a moment of silence, and  eleven nodded. I felt nauseous. My hands shook against Eleven's shoulder.

     "Is...is he hiding from the bad men...?" Mike asked. Eleven slowly shook her head.

     "Then from who?" Mike asked. Eleven moved around, then placed another piece on the board. The Demogorgon. I tasted acid in the back of my throat. I was gonna throw up. My hands flew up to my mouth, and I rushed towards the small bathroom, flinging the toilet open and vomiting into it. I heard moans of disgust from Lucas and Dustin. Mike, however, scrunched up his face and rushed over to me, shutting his eyes and plugging his nose with one hand, and gently pulled my hair away from my face with the other hand as I continued to vomit, coughing painfully. When I was sure nothing else was gonna come up, I flushed the toilet, and washed my mouth out and face. Mike stood behind me, concerned.

      "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded gently, examining my unusually pale skin in the mirror.

      "Y-yeah...thanks for helping me...how'd you even know to do that?" I asked. Mike sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

     "I've seen movies..." he trailed off. I smiled. Yet my skin was still cold.

    "A-are you sick? Do you need tea or soup?" Mike asked. I shook my head.

"N-no...I'm not sick...it's...it's just....it's too much, y'know...?" I said weakly. He smiled sympathetically.

"Why don't we call it a night. I'll stay back here with eleven To try and figure things out, but you call your mom to get you. You'll go home, have a nice rest, and come back tomorrow. Then we'll make a plan. You've been though enough already. Sometimes sleep is...all you need." Mike said softly. My heart swelled in gratitude. I tried to speak, but my voice came out in a whisper.

"Yeah. Thanks, Mike." I whispered. He gave me a short lived smile.

Then the dreams came back.