Everything Covered in fog

The only lights we had were Lucas' flashlight and the light on Mike's bike. It was nearing pitch black out, and we were still walking. I had that same feeling in the pit of my stomach, the feeling that I would never see my brother again. We were walking through a clearing in the woods, and then we showed up at my house. I was confused.

"Here." Eleven said.

"Um...yeah, this is where we live..." I said. Eleven shook her head.

"Hiding." She said.

"No, no. This is where he lives." Mike repeated me, "he's missing from here. Understand?" He asked. Lucas dropped his bike loudly behind us.

"What are we doing here?" He asked.

"She said he's hiding here." Mike explained.

"Um...no!" Lucas snorted. Dustin groaned.

"I swear if we walked all the way out here for nothing-""That's exactly what we did!" Lucas cut him off, "I told you she didn't know what the hell she was talking about!" He yelled. I started losing all hope, my head hung low and I sighed heavily.

"Why did you bring us here..." I whispered.

"Mags, don't waste your time with her." Lucas said.

"Well what do you want to do then?!" Mike defended me.

"Call the cops like we should've done yesterday." Lucas said.

"We are not calling the cops!" Mike shot back.

"Hey, guys?" Dustin said quietly.

"What other choice do we have?!" Lucas shouted.

"GUYS!" Dustin broke their argument. I turned towards where he was staring. The sound of a siren filled my ears. I froze. Will. Two police cars and an ambulance drove straight past my house.

I wasted no time to see the others' reactions, jumping onto my bike and speeding after the ambulances, not even waiting for Eleven. Everyone else was behind me by a lot, Eleven on the back of Mike's bike. We followed the sirens until we saw where they had stopped.

We hid on the side of an ambulance, staring out at the cluster of police officers and nurses that cluttered near the lake. I spotted Hopper. And then I saw a stretcher. My whole body froze. Everything seemed to go out of focus. My vision and hearing blurred. I started to step forward, ignoring the now muffled protests from my friends. I walked straight forward, being stopped by Hopper almost immediately. I didn't meet his eyes, I didn't look at his face. I stared forward. I stared at the stretcher. Hopper was saying something, something I couldn't hear. I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to say anything, I just wanted to make sure my brother was alive.

"No, no. You don't understand, he's my brother." I muttered. I was sure Hopper didn't hear me, but at that point I didn't care. I tried to push past him, and all I got was more police officers blocking me. I was starting to get mad. Then one police officer walked straight in front of me, blocking my view of the stretcher. That sent me into a fury. I started to punch the officers weakly in the arms and chest, tears streaming from my eyes.

"HES MY BROTHER!! LET ME SEE MY BROTHER!!!" Arms wrapped around my front, pulling me away from the officers. The embrace was familiar. It was Mike. I started to sob, not turning to look at him, still trying my hardest to see the stretcher. My breath started to leave me as I screamed and cried.

"NO!! NO!!! STOP! HES MY BROTHER! DONT TAKE AWAY MY BROTHER! WILL! WIIIIILLLLLL!!!" My throat burned. I was in pain. But I couldn't stop. I had never felt so much grief. My chest was heaving, my throat was in so much pain I thought it would start bleeding.

       "DONT LEAVE ME ALONE! PLEASE!!" I screamed, my heart was on fire. I could barely breathe. I got one last look at my brother before they carried it away.

    I got one last look at my best friend.