Declaration of Disbandment

MAGGIE'S POV
Troy turned towards me, a smug but deadly smirk on his face. I felt tears build up in my eyes, yet I didn't cry. I would never give them the pleasure of seeing me cry. I balled up my fists, and walked forward.

     "What did you say, whore?!" Troy snapped. I kept walking towards them.

      "Come on, Maggie. Just ignore them." Mike said. I wouldn't listen. I went up until I could reach out and touch Troy. I clenched my fists so hard I could feel my nails digging into my palms.

      "You heard me. Shut up." I growled. Troy laughed.

      "That's real funny. Your dead, gay little brother was the only thing holding you back from actually talking back to me, huh?" Troy walked closer to me. I kept a stern expression, feeling the blood run down my palms. Troy dropped his voice to a whisper.

     "Too bad he's not around to save your ass anymore." He said, and shoved past me. I relaxed my fists, staring down at the four craters in my skin that had blood streaming down them. I felt two hands on my back.

      "Maggie. Let's go." Mike said softly.

      "Yeah. You know they're just idiots." Lucas whispered. Dustin hugged me.

        "You know the truth. We're gonna find Will." He said. I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat. Mike handed a rock to me. Perfect size, perfect shape.

"How's this one? Good for the Wrist Rocket?" He asked. I smiled, nodding.

"Rad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       I felt myself smile as we neared the buzz-cut haired girl standing next to the fence. She was staring at a cat. I jumped off my bike and rushed toward the fence.

     "Aw, kitty!" I squealed. If there was one thing I loved, it was animals. I placed my hand on the top of the cat's furry head, rubbing it. The cat started to purr, which just made me happier. Eleven looked at me questionably. I smiled and stood up, dusting my hands on my plaid skirt.

       "Sorry I completely ignored you, Ellie." I laughed sheepishly. Eleven looked a little bit shaken, "you okay?" I asked softly. She nodded quickly. I smiled, and hopped back on my bike, patting the seat behind me.

      "Hop on." I said. So she did, wrapping her arms around my waist to stay on.

    "Come on, girls. We only have a few hours." Mike said. I nodded, and started pedaling. Lucas and Dustin rode next to each other, and I rode next to Mike. Yet he was a bit ahead, because he was the leader. And he always had been.

      We had been pedaling for maybe 20 minutes, and found nothing. Our legs had gotten tired, so we just started to walk, holding our bikes with us. Eleven and I were walking next to each other, when she suddenly touched my palm.

     "Why did they hurt you?" She asked quietly, gently placing her fingers on the dried blood from when I dug my nails into my palms. I looked away, not wanting to remember the event.

      "Oh...those...I...I just got hurt during gym..." I trailed off. Eleven stared hard at me.

   "Maggie?"

     "Yeah?"

      "Friends tell the truth." She said. I sighed, and opened my mouth to tell her, when mike beat me to it.

     "She was bothered by Troy, this mouth breather." He snorted. I giggled.

    "Mouth breather?" Eleven asked.

     "Yeah, a dumb person!" I said. Mike laughed.

     "A knucklehead!" He added on. We both bursted into laughter. Eleven looked confused, and Dustin and Lucas smirked at us, in an "I told you so" way. I didn't understand that, but mike seemed to, looking away and turning red. But, like I did with most things, I shrugged it off as we kept moving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~