Love and Cherish

Class had finally ended, and Lucas, Dustin, Mike and I were waiting outside at recess. The boys were busy chatting and looking for rocks for the wrist rocket, yet my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Will. Will smiling, Will laughing, Will frowning, Will crying, even. He just had to be there. I was peaceful when I thought of him. He was he only thing on my mind. And when he was in my mind, he wasn't missing. When he was in my mind, I wasn't sad.

      But then I thought of Eleven. It wasn't just a random thought. It didn't even seem like a thought...it was like a memory. I let my eyes close, and I let my mind take me to where it was trying to.

Eleven sat in a chair. She had what looked like a helmet on her, miscellaneous cords stringing from it. It was like something you'd see in a movie. When the main character was getting their mind read. She had a can of soda in front of her. She was wearing a hospital gown. The same hospital gown I had seen her in before. And then I saw that man again. Papa, was it? The man with the white hair. Staring intensely at her. Eleven looked down at the can of soda. She seemed to concentrate on it. She started to shake, and I could tell she was trying to move it with her mind. A soft beeping filled my ears. She whimpered, twitching. The beeping got louder, and more rapid. Eleven's face started to scrunch up as she focused harder. Then the can crunches completely. Eleven seemed to relax, breathing heavily. She looked up at the man, who smiled at her. Blood started to trickle out of her nose. She wiped it away quickly. As the image faded out, I felt a tickle in my left nostril.

"Maggie...MAGGIE!" Mike's concerned voice filled my senses. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Wha...huh?" I asked groggily. His face was extremely close to mine. My eyes were wide, and I leaned back.

"Your nose is bleeding! Are you okay??" He asked. I rose my finger to my nose and wiped. Sure enough, blood came off on my finger. I gulped. Mike moved away from me slightly. "Go to the nurse!" He said. I nodded quickly, standing up.

"Y-yeah...okay." I said, still in shock from what I had seen.

"Do you want me to hold anything? Do you need me to walk you there?" Mike asked. I shook my head.

"N-no, it's alright. Thanks Mike." I said, quickly rushing past him to get to the nurse.

MIKE POV

     I watched her leave, both concerned and confused. I turned around, and was met with Lucas, who was smiling smugly, and Dustin, who had his eyebrows raised. I crinkled my nose in confusion.

      "What?" I asked.

     "If you love her so much, why don't you marry her?" Lucas snorted. I huffed.

     "What are you talking about." I asked, trying to ignore the heat in my cheeks.

      "Mike, seriously?" Lucas snorted.

      "What?"

      "You look at her all like..." Lucas started to walk towards me, a fake lovey-Dovey grin plastered on his face. ".."Hi, Mags! Mags! Mags! Maaags~!!"' He ran up to me and hugged me, "oh, I love you so much~! Would you marry me?!" Lucas got down on one knee. I groaned, shoving him.

      "Shut up, Lucas." I muttered.

      "Yeah, shut up, Lucas!" Great. Troy and James were back. I rolled my eyes, begrudgingly turning towards them.

    "What are you losers doing back here?" Troy snorted.

      "Probably looking for their missing friend." James said snottily.

      "That's not funny. It's serious. He's in danger." Dustin said.

      "I hate to break it to you, Toothless, but he's not in danger." Troy said. I knew where this was going. "He's dead.  That's what my dad says." He laughed. I felt a pain in my chest, but I didn't show it, keeping my face the same way; I don't care. I won't miss him until you're not there to see me. "He said he was probably killed by some other queer-""SHUT UP!!" Someone had cut off Troy. Nobody cuts off Troy. Nobody. But I knew who the voice belonged to. The only voice who ever would even dare of cutting off Troy.

Maggie's voice.