Amber Leaves. [End]

[Just wanted to clarify, the reason Natsuki's eye twitched slightly from time to time was because of the incident with her dad.
I forgot to add that in cus I'm dumb XD.]

After Natsuki's confession about her near life long struggle with depression, the day passed despite a hint of tension hanging in the air - It was a tense and overall frightening moment after all, to think that such an awful experience had occurred to someone so sweet and innocent, that you loved as well was almost unfathomable. It really did go to show Natsuki was tougher than she looked.

"Hey, y/n, do you wanna.. go to the park..?" Natsuki enquires, her contact lenses back in their rightful spots.

"Oh.. Sure, Natsuki." You check to make sure the heating is off and the windows are shut before heading out with her. As you walk, you notice Natsuki cuddling into you more, adorably tilting her head and closing her eyes, letting you lead the way as she shares your body heat.

...

You push open the gateway, you trot down the concrete path, past the blossom trees before taking a seat on a comfortable wooden bench, Natsuki sits down beside you, leaning into you.

"(y/n).. Do you ever see an airplane in the sky.. and pretend it's a shooting star..?" She dreamily states, her eyes half-closed and her cheeks rose red in the pale sunlight.

"Well, yeah, sometimes I guess." You say, unsure of where she's going with this. Natsuki swivels around, bringing her legs onto the far end of the bench and lying down on your lap.

"Well, there's one right there." Natsuki says, pointing up at an airliner in the sky.

"I guess.. we should make a wish, as if it were a shooting star.." You reply.

"I wish... to be with you forever, (y/n). You're the only kind of person in my life to truly care about me in such a way that you'd even invite me to your home when times are rough, and that's... I-I don't even know how to repay you. But I love you, (y/n), and I never want you to leave me. "

"And I wish for the same thing, Natsuki. All I want for you is to be happy, and I'll do anything to achieve that." You say, stroking her delicate pink hair.

...

An hour later, you and Natsuki get back to walking down the path.

"Y'know, (y/n), I used to be here all the time as a kid, usually my dad only came here for himself but sometimes he'd bring me along.. there was a kid who looked sort of like you who I used to hang out all the time with.."

"Huh.. That's funny, I used to come here all the time and play with a girl who looked like you, too." You reply, slowly regaining some memories.

"Wait.. do you remember when I tripped and almost cried..?" Natsuki says, her eyes flickering with hope.

"Hm.." You ponder. "Y-Yeah, I do!" You say with a hint of astonishment.

"(y/n), holy shit, how long ago was that.. Eleven years...?" She states, sharing the same astonishment as you.

"Wow.. No wonder I feel so close to you.." You say, snuggling with her as you walk.

"(y/n)..." She says, sheepishly blushing.

"...Yeah?" You ask, stroking her face.

"...Carry me.. Like you did back then.." Natsuki asks of you.

"Heheh.. Sure." You reach underneath her, supporting her by the underside of her knees and her back before pulling her up, and as the two of you walked off into the glowing horizon while amber leaves fell around you, you felt a soft kiss on your cheek.

Every day, I imagine a future where I can be with you
In my hand is a pen that will write a poem of me and you
The ink flows down into a dark puddle
Just move your hand - write the way into his heart!
But in this world of infinite choices
What will it take just to find that special day?

Have I found everybody a fun assignment to do today?
When you're here, everything that we do is fun for them anyway
When I can't even read my own feelings
What good are words when a smile says it all?
And if this world won't write me an ending
What will it take just for me to have it all?

Does my pen only write bitter words for those who are dear to me?
Is it love if I take you, or is it love if I set you free?
The ink flows down into a dark puddle
How can I write love into reality?
If I can't hear the sound of your heartbeat
What do you call love in your reality?
And in your reality, if I don't know how to love you

...

I'll leave you be...

-------
So.. Should I make a sequel? I didn't really feel this book had enough of a conflict to keep going, but if I make a sequel I can probably fix that. ^^