❀ deux

ethan brought you here? that's awfully interesting.

_

claire looked at herself in the mirror frowning, was this what people wore to parties? 'would i fit in?'

she took one last glance in the mirror, and turned away sighing with her eyes closed.

when claire opened her eyes, she saw her mother in her doorway and she jumped startled, "oh, hey mom!" claire said, trying to sound as excited as ever to attend her first party.

"you look great dear!" her mother complemented proudly, and claire smiled, "thank you." she responded, uncertainly.

claire's mom then had an almost devious look on her face, "was it the boy from the park who invited you to the party?" she questioned.

claire nervously broke eye contact with her mom, "yep, he's in a band or something, said he wanted me to hear him play..." claire said, trailing off to meet eyes with her mom again.

"sounds to me like you've made a new friend?" her mother, once again, excitedly asked.

claire bit her lip, struggling between 'yes' or 'no' as an answer.

"i didn't want to come to the party, but he practically begged me to listen to his band play, but i guess i can consider him my friend." claire honestly stated, and her mother understandably nodded.

"maybe you didn't want to go in the beginning, but you're dressed now and you're going. maybe you'll actually enjoy it?" claire's mom said, recommending a happy outcome.

"i- claire was cut off by a sudden bell ring, and knocks from the front door.

"that's him." claire announced.

as she walked out from her room, her mother stopped her by placing her hand on claire's shoulder, "hey, if you want to come home, i'll get you at anytime, anywhere, okay?" claire's mom affirmed, causing claire to smile.

"thanks mom, love you." claire quickly said, rushing over to the front door that had been knocked on, one too many times.

opening the door, claire eyed the scene in front of her, almost cautiously.

ethan had a white shirt on, with several tears in it, along with an oversized blue denim jacket, he wore normal jeans too, but to top it off, he wore a hat that looked to be seconds away from falling off his head.

"you look.." ethan trailed off, thinking of a kind word while staring at claire.

claire crossed her arms in response to ethan's actions, and raised an eyebrow.

"nice!" ethan said, pointing a finger in the air as if he was declaring it.

claire smirked, shutting the door behind her, "you've got quite the get up, ethan." claire said, gesturing towards the rips in his shirt.

his eyes followed claire's finger and he laughed, slightly. "oh those!" he raved.

"those are part of my performance, like a costume, except, it's just a ripped shirt." ethan explained, adjusting the hat on his head.

claire walked past him, "real rock and roll, ethan." she said over her shoulder.

_

"this is the party you invited me to?" claire asked, looking up at the big house that didn't look harmful from the outside.