Chapter 14__Crying Wolf

I hadn't seen much of anyone for the day, walking down the stairs, hearing a thump coming from the hall. 

I turned my head to look at the living room, but I stayed in the hall, wondering what it was.

I shrugged. Probably just Damon or Stefan.

I walked further down the hall until I saw a darting shape from the corner of my eye.

I backed away, reaching from the sword on the wall, but someone pushed me away from it. I landed on the floor badly, groaning as I stood up, backing to the wall behind me as I let the stake in my sleeve slip down to my hand. The blurring shape pushed me back again, and I shoved the stake into his chest. 

He died, not desiccating, so he wasn't a vampire.

He fell to the floor either way.

And on either side of me, two people grabbed at my arms, making me drop the stake and holding me still as a girl stood in front of me as I struggled, seeing a whole lot of others surround us. "Hey, Nicola. Killing a werewolf with a stake. That's something I've never seen." She looked toward the sword on the wall. "But at least I told them to keep you away from that thing." 

"Who the hell are you?" I demanded as I struggled to get away.

"That's right, we haven't officially met," the girl said. "Well, you met the wolf me when you stabbed me with that thing right after I bit your friend Rose." 

My glare hardened. "Jules." 

"Bingo." 

I pulled harder, trying to get away, but the werewolves held me tighter, the werewolf with the large hat saying, "She's feisty." 

He pushed me into another werewolf's grasp, his arms wrapping around my chest and stomach tightly. I saw Alaric's dead body on the floor. I looked worriedly for the ring on his finger. He had it on. Thank God!

"Damon!" I yelled.

The werewolf with the hat went into the library to fight Damon, and they pulled me closer to the door as they wolf vervained Damon, taking the full syringe. "Whew! Damn, you're strong. It took the whole syringe." 

Two other wolves walked past me and the one holding me as I struggled to get away, Damon saying weakly, "Nikki. Don't hurt her." 

"Wouldn't have to if she stopped moving," the wolf said.

The one wit hthe hat pointed at Alaric. "Grab that one. He's dead." He looked to the wolf holding me. "Don't kill that one. She's apparently a way to get to," he pointed at Damon, "that one." 

Jules came closer with the shot gun. "Hi, Damon, Nice to see you again." 

~

Oh, when did they knock me out? I wondered groggily as I slowly returned to consciousness, my head tilting to the side heavily, trying to hold it up.

My head was throbbing. What the hell did those psychos do? 

"Morning, sunshine," the one with the hat said.

I opened my eyes, seeing the chains chaining me to the chair I was sitting in. I tried to pull at them to get out, but I could barely move my arms. 

"Oh, good," Jules said, making me jump and look up. "Now that you're both awake, we can start." 

"This should me fun," I said sarcastically. I groaned at the pain in my head. "Oh, what did you do to my head? It hurts." 

"Hmm," Jules hummed. "Good."