Explaining the Unknown

A/N~SUMMER IS HERE!😍

Chapter 32-
I pace back in forth in front of Chelsea.
"And that's the story of how we're sisters. Well half sisters to be exact." She finishes.
I shake my head in disbelief. Apparently, my dad, Andrew "made a mistake" in college, while dating my mom, and became the father of Chelsea. He didn't want to leave her mom in the dust, but he also didn't want to break up with my mom. My dad told Chelsea's mom, Elana, that he ended his relationship with my mom and would help raise the child. Because my dad couldn't make up his mind, a few months later, along came me. However, my dad was in love with both women, so he compromised. He told Elana and my mom that he was going on one month "business trips" when he was really playing the father role in another life.
I'm on the verge of crying when Chelsea asks,
"I'm sorry. You are probably freaked out by me becoming your unwanted sister."
"No, no, no!" I say, "I've always wanted a sister! Caleb is pretty lame and has no clue how to braid! I'm stoked that we're sisters, but I'm just shocked about my dad."
"I understand that." She says while smiling, but you probably want to know how I know all this stuff, anyways. Well, when my dad, or our dad or whatever, was home, he acted really weird, too. Then, one night when he thought I was asleep, he was on the phone and told the other person that he loved them and that he would be back soon. I traced the call to this town. I told my mom I was going on a mission trip for my church, but I'm really here."

Wow.

Wow.

That's literally all that's going through my mind.

"I have an idea." I say. "My dad is coming back from his business trips in 3 days, maybe we can surprise him a little with both of his daughters!"

"That sounds amazing." She replies while smirking.

By now, both of us are sitting on the counter top, the hot sauce and chips are gone, and it's 2:00am. Chelsea is currently telling me a random story about how cashews come from a fruit when I hear someone knocking on the front door.
Who the heck knocks on a persons door at 2:00am?
Tobias.
Or Zeke.
Or Uriah.
In fact, I know a lot of people that would.
I unlock the door and swing it open. My throat dries up and my palms get sweaty when I see who it is.
My dad.
"Hey Beatrice," he says with a warm smile, "My business trip ended early and I didn't want to wake up your mother. Can I stay here tonight?"
Before I can answer, Chelsea rounds the corner from the kitchen and is now standing face to face with her dad.
"Good to see you, AGAIN!" She says sarcastically.
I can hear Andrew gulp.
"I--I can explain." He mumbles.
"No, you really can't. You see, half my life you were with Tris and the other half with me. So, do I get half the love from you? But if you want to make up some excuse filled story about your choices, then go ahead. I'm all ears. But I do know one thing, you are not my father anymore."

A/N~Aha. So we know how Chelsea and Tris are sisters. Snazzy. I went to a baseball game yesterday and they won 11-10. Why did I tell you that? idk😂 this chapter was full of things being explained, so I probably missed something. Please message me if I did!
Also, message me something funny, random, stupid, a weird joke you heard your favorite song, anything!

QOTC~ What is your favorite movie?🎥
A- Mines a tie between-
•White Chicks
•White House Down
•Sandlot

STAY FRESH🍍