Just one day, but not today(pt 1)

"What? but, I got rid of it last year. I'm supposed to be okay. I got treated!" Hoseok couldn't get how this was possible. He has been free from cancer for about a year now. Hoseok was getting a second check up within the six months because he was having pains in his chest. You told him he had to get a check up just to be careful and dr. Chang said he he didn't have to worry.

You sat next to him intertwining your fingers with his, holding back the tears so he wouldn't freak out more. It felt like he was numb like you couldn't feel your hand on his.

"I'm sorry, but breast cancer is a terrifying disease. It can be gone for months, years but there are no cures that can make it from leaving your body completely. From the scans I took, Mr. Jung, it has spread across your entire chest. "I'm so sorry." He gave you both a sincere expression.

You felt his hand slide out of yours and you knew why. He broke. You couldn't deal with it last time. All the chemos, tubes, scans. He didn't want to go through it the first time, and you thought about how he may not want to do it again.

"So what, I have a few chemo treatments and I beat that this thing, right?"

You heard that little Bridge crack. You knew he was holding back sobs he turned to you and give you a slight smile and chuckled frighteningly. You gave him your best smile of reassurance.

Dr. Chang spoke, clearing his throat. His eyes filled with sincerity. "I'm afraid it won't cure you, maybe just give you a bit longer." Longer? That doesn't mean--

"What do you mean? I'm going to die? I will have a bit longer with the chemos?" You couldn't hold it anymore you let out the cries and try to grab your husband's hand to assure both of you that everything was going to be okay.

Hoseok left the room not understanding why. Why him? Why now? You were still in the room with the doctor trying to calm yourself down. Dr. Chang looked at you and he knew how this was hurting you both deeply. He hated having to say these things to his patients.

After breathing a bit slower and wiping the tears away you spoke up. "So what do I do? How can I help him?" Before he could answer you, Hoseok came back in and sat down next to you. He took your hand and kissed it thinking of all the things you both have been through. Making his heart smile and warm up.

He thought of the things that  you both wouldn't be able to do together how he wouldn't be able to wake up to you everyday anymore and kiss your sweet cherry blossomed lips. How he wouldn't be able to have kids and see them grow up. Or be woken up by all four kids that he has always wanted jumping up on you and him. The Hope you knew and is so madly in love with, broke from each memory he won't be able to spend with you because of cancer.

"How long?" He blurted out choking back on his tears. Dr. Chang stood up behind his desk and said, "two to three months without chemo." You didn't dare breathe, for you were afraid of losing all control. You sat still in your chair biting your lower lip and you listened as J-hope's breathing became rapid. He ran his hands through his bright red hair. He stood up abruptly teary-eyed and walked out once more not being able to have bare anymore of this. At the slamming of the door the tears you were holding back fell so hard you could have sworn you heard it hit your lap.

"You all told us he was fine! That he was cured and okay!" You started to sob uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Jung, but this runs deep in his family there was no getting around genetics. You have to make sure everyday he has the best day. Make everyday count and special."

"The chemo, how is it going to be this time?"
You said each word between sobs. He sighed and sat in the chair beside you.

"Since his body has been through them already his body is going to be very sensitive to the chemicals. It would be much worse than before." You thought how bad it was last time. He threw up everyday, his face was pale like his soul was out of it and his hair was falling out. It put you and the Bangtan Boys at lost. You all hated seeing him like that but none of you left him alone.

"Will it give him more time?"
He replied, "very little."

You left saying your goodbyes and thanking Dr. Chang. You went outside in search of Hoseok who was later found across the street sitting on a bench at a park. You slowly walked up to him and sat down. His bright hair shined so bright, yet his face was dull almost dead. You caressed his honey toned face and wiped his tears away. He looked at you and kissed you, he didn't want to leave. He wanted to stay there with you forever but he knew this couldn't be.

He pulled away and cried into your shoulder. You ran your hand through his thin silk like hair and cried with him. You wish this wasn't real. You heard a chime after a few minutes, it was your phone. You ignored it and decided you both were to go home and find a way to tell the boys.

When you got home, you checked your phone. It was a text message from Jin.
It read, how did it go?
You didn't answer. You felt something like this needed to be talked about in person. You called the boys over for dinner so you all could talk.

"They are not going to be able to take it."
"They need to know, their your brothers. They will just worry." Hoseok looked at you and his orbs were so clear or emotion and seemed crystalized. He grabbed your face and brought your forehead to his own.

"I love you. So so much. When I leave-"
"Don't talk like that. Stop." You began to cry a bit. He wiped your face.
"I'm sorry love." He pulled you into a passionate and tear filled kiss. The door rung and scared the both of you. You began to walk over to the door and greeted each member in. Jin looked at you to see if you would give him and okay sign. You kept a straight, but happy face on for they wouldn't get frightened.

You all sat in the living room and talked while eating. Laughed and enjoyed each other's company. You and Hoseok shared a look of fear and sadness. You ripped off the band-aid.

"Three months!? What the hell!" Jimin completely lost it. He couldn't believe his hyung only had three months. None of them could accept this to be true. All six guys sat on the floor faces red and eyes full of tears. Hoseok got off the couch and sat with them. They hugged each other, hoping and wishing to never let go they were family. If he were to be gone, they wouldn't be able to be what they were before.

Each and everyone of their hearts crumbled to bits. You knew how bad this affected them. You cried silently as you watched the men break slowly. This wasn't the way it was supposed to be.

~~A/N~~
Hey loviiess!!😭❤️I'm crying. Are you? I'm so sorry for this. Hoseok is my bias, and I don't mean to hurt him. I'm a sad lil bean. But I really hope you all stay for the next part, but might not want to read anymore of my stories when it's done😭❤️. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and look forward to reading the next part. I love you all so much. Thank you for your support. 🙌🏽💯 Stay safe and healthy. I love you❤️ bye! Muwah😘