49

1/2

A week later

It's been a week and a few days since I was back in Cheshire.
I didn't go out at all, I stayed indoors and kept writing my emotions in sheets of papers, that now covered my room and made it messy.

Me and my mom had minimum conversation. She was trying to talk to me but I kept it awkward...I didn't feel like talking at all.

Me and my dad didn't speak a word. I barely even saw him around.

The only person I spoke to was Ella, whenever she came around.

I couldn't get over Harry, like how I thought I could. I missed him so much, and the memories didn't dissapear. They haunted me all the time, like they had no other job.

I gave up on forgetting him. He's a mistake I did, and I'm going to remember him for the rest of my life.

"Tay?" I heard Ella's voice, and I turned around. I was alone at home, eating breakfast and pondering over my thoughts.
I didn't notice her entering our house.

"Ella. What are you doing here?" I faked a smile. She sat next to me and took a hash brown off my plate.

"I wanted to talk to you. Mum asked me to.." she said, and I nodded.

"Taylor, remember they arranged a wedding for you before you ran away? " She asked.

I nodded. How could I forget the reason I ran away?

"Apparently they did not break it off. Dad was so sure he'd find you, so he lied to his friend saying that you went on a vacation.. after your high school." She said.

I saw this coming. To be honest, I wasn't surprised.

"Oh, right. They want me to get married and increase their business." I remarked, and Ella frowned.

"That may be true, tay, but why don't you give it a chance? Forget about whatever that has been troubling you. Forget about why our parents are trying to get you married. What if that marriage will make you happy somehow? What if you fall in love with him?" Ella suggested, and I chuckled.

"Ella, you are very optimistic. And I honestly wish I could fall in love again, but I've lost hopes. I don't think I have a choice..they will get me married. Me and my future husband will just be strangers living in the same house." I said, my fingers in my hair, trying to stay calm.

"It doesn't have to be that way. Think about it" she smiled, and left a kiss on my forehead.

She left, and her words echoed in my mind.

It doesn't have to be that way.

What if she's right? If that marriage will make my parents happy, and set everything right...why shouldn't I get married?

I'm not going to see Harry again, and I don't care about myself. So, it doesn't matter what happens to me.

************
I sucked in a deep breath before I twisted the door knob of my parents bedroom door.

"Can I....can I talk with you both for a while?" I asked them reluctantly. They were looking at me in surprise.

"Yes dear. Come on in" my mother said, and put aside her laptop. She smiled a little, and I looked at my dad. He put his phone aside and he was staring at me with a blank expression.

"I'm sorry. For everything I put you all through. It was a mistake running away, and it was also a mistake to fall in love. I want to put the past aside, and I want to start fresh" I spoke carefully, and my mom smiled even more.

She put her hand over mine and kissed my cheek.

"It's okay Taylor. It's natural to make mistakes at your age. I'm happy that you realised it soon" my mother said.

I looked at my father now.

"I've decided to get married to your friend's son. I don't want to trouble you both anymore. I'll do everything you say. " I said, and my father smiled.

"Good. It's nice that you came around a day before your marriage." My dad said, and my mother's face froze.

"Scott? I thought you said there was time. " My mother argued, as I just stood there. It didn't bother me.

" I'm sorry I forgot to tell you. The wedding is tomorrow. Everything is arranged. A private ceremony. " He said.

"They don't even know each other! Don't you think we should atleast let them meet once?" My mother said.

"It's okay...they will meet tomorrow and they can keep meeting everyday after their wedding" he chuckled.

"Scott.."

"It's okay mom. I'll go get some sleep for the big day tomorrow." I faked a smile once again, and went back to my room.

Im getting married tomorrow.
And it's not Harry.
It's a stranger who doesn't love anything.

_______________________________________