Chapter Two

Updated~ 1/21/2018

{Word Count~ 1,774}

~~~

When Hinata regained consciousness she was laying next to a fire in the center of, what appeared to be, a small campsite. However, she appeared to be in a completely different area than she once remembered. Hinata jolted upright with a sudden urge to panic. She paused almost immediately and grasped her, neatly bandaged head, in pain. She sat up way too fast.

The explosion had rendered her with a concussion of some degree, that much she could tell without being a doctor. Once she managed to gather herself she looked down at her body, feeling slightly under-clothed. Her silky, porcelain skin was half bare as the only source of protection had been a torn and tattered black cloak. Hinata grasped said cloaked around her small form a little tighter as she began to analyze her surroundings.

Where was she? How long had she been unconscious? The voices she heard before she passed out flooded her mind once more. Where were they now? Hinata glanced behind her and then back to the cloak that was covering her unmentionables. It didn't look like any cloak she had ever seen before. There were no symbols or identifying tags on the article of tattered clothing.

A sudden loud snore flooded her ears and she averted her gaze to the far right. There laid a petite girl with blazing red hair, slumped over the top of a log. There appeared to be a few handmade tents behind her. Her thick red glasses were hanging from one of her tiny digits, just barely scraping the ground. Hinata held the cloak around her and stood ever so quietly. She could tell by just the surrounding area that they had long since passed the village hidden in the rain..

"Great, you're finally awake. Now you can answer some questions.."

Hinata jumped and looked over her shoulder at a man leaning against a far off tree. How did she miss him? He had snow white locks of hair and his eyes were a strange purple. His teeth were very shark like, which was also strange. "You caused us a lot of trouble back there when you brought all of those leaf shinobi to our campsite."

"That wasn't my intention."

"Well then what were your intentions?"

"Just to get as far away from my pursuers as possible."

"Did you commit a crime or something?"

"I guess.. you could say that, it would be considered treason.."

"Treason? Against the Leaf?" Hinata swallowed hard. She didn't want to tell him her entire life story after having just met him. He didn't look trustworthy. "I abandoned my clan... and my village. I just...have no use for them anymore." She struggled to find words to summarize her situation without giving away too much.

"You sound important, like a woman of power or something? Hard to believe they would send an entire squad to retrieve some traitor."

"No, I'm nothing of the sort."

A tall man with burnt orange hair stepped out of one of the tents behind the sleeping woman. "I thought you were gonna save all the interrogation for Sasuke?"

"I just wanted to find out who we were helping."

"Sasuke?" Shock was evident in her voice as the smaller built, purple eyed man made his way over to her with a smirk plastered across his face. "You know Sasuke or something?"

"...Never heard of him."

The two men exchanged looks before settling themselves by the fire. "Where are my clothes?" Hinata inquired as she kept the cloak wrapped around her pale form. "When Karin wakes up she'll get you something to wear." Hinata glanced at the girl slumped over the tree log. She was no longer snoring, but still seemed lifeless.