Chapter Thirteen

*A big thank you to everyone for all the generous follows and sweet comments- your encouragement is very much appreciated.

~~~

Her skin was numb against the cold, tiled, floor beneath her. Her eyes were open but the room was too dark to see. Previously she had been blindfolded so she had no clue where she even was. Her arms were bound behind her back and her ankles were chained to a wall rendering her unable to defend herself or escape.

How did she get captured so easily??

That guy was a freaking creep, that's how. Both Hana and Kiba were much better off without him. Hinata felt a migraine coming on and she laid back, not so comfortably, in the dark decrepit room. She was fighting back the urge to temporarily wallow in her own self pity. But seriously, why did it always have to be her though? Why couldn't she have just kept on going after running into Karin and those other two stooges?? She probably wouldn't be in the position that she was in currently had she just thanked them and cut her losses.

She was too tired to groan, but she was even more frustrated at the pain in her chest as her heart sank to her stomach. This was hardly the time for that..

But what if.. she never saw Sasuke again? Had she just cut her losses and left in the beginning she would've never gotten to know Sasuke or Karin, and for some reason the lingering thought of that sent her heart slowly spiraling toward the pit of her stomach.

She bit her lip and purposely inflicted pain upon herself for being weak minded. Weak minded ninja were dead ninja. She had to find a way out of this place, but she wasn't so sure that was even possible with him around..

He was worse than a bloodhound.

For the most part, she had him figured out though. Unfortunately, he captured her before she could finish figuring him out. She had hoped he would share similarities with Kiba, her ex teammate, because then she could possibly handle him or at least put up a fight. But that wasn't the case, he was a completely different breed of animal. Hinata questioned whether or not he was even part of the Inuzuka clan.

She took a deep breath and moved her ankle slightly as it was fighting not to lose circulation. She was yet unsure of what her captor wanted exactly..

It didn't make sense that they would target Karin and then her. She was assuming that they were all working together at this point, the ninja from the snowy mountain tops, and evidently someone else on their small team has something they wanted.

She heard a door open and squinted harshly as light flooded the room. "Alright princess, lets talk." Upon hearing his voice, her captor, her immediate response was to look away. Look down, at the wall, the ceiling, or just anywhere but into his eyes. "What do you want from me?" She demanded as she glared intently at the wall to her right.

"You sound upset, even after I made sure to be gentle with the transit? You're just a little less than grateful you know? I could've been a lot meaner about it.."

"Or you could've just told me what you wanted instead of abducting me like some creep?"

"Ouch." He crouched down next to her in an attempt to gain her gaze at least. She wasn't having it, she made sure to keep her eyes away from him at all costs. "I really want to do this the easy way, so if you would just look at me or just tell me whatever you know about Sasuke. Either would be great."

"I don't know anything about him. We're teammates by circumstance, nothing more."

"I don't believe that."