Final Chapter

Wow 11K views & tons of votes! I never expected all of this love and support to be honest! Thank you for all of the wonderful comments. This is the last chapter I will be writing for this story. It's just a small update on the group.  My request line is open, please keep in mind I'm in college so it may take a bit for me to update things but I'll try to keep everyone updated on that. 

~~~

Hinata nestled deeper into the warm cotton sheets. She scanned the half lit room with sleepy eyes, searching for a certain trouble making Uchiha. Yes. Trouble making. 

It had been a year since Sasuke swore away from his double agent ways and pledged to be a more honest man. Hinata was too sleepy to actually roll her eyes, but she did so mentally. 

However, true to his word, Sasuke wasn't into as much trouble as he used to be and he did settle down a little bit. The pair purchased a modest and private home deep in the land of lightning. Hinata, for once, enjoyed staying home without the pressures of leading a clan or marrying someone closely related to her. Very few people knew where the two resided for those specific reasons. More importantly though her father, Hiashi, did leave her alone for the most part but then again she didn't exactly hand him her new address or give him an opportunity to change his mind. 

A few months prior they had received a beautiful wedding invitation from Tenten and Neji. Even though they couldn't physically attend, it was still nice of them to actually send it. Hinata made sure to place it in a photo album she had recently started. The first half of said photo album consisted of Suigetsu and Karin's wedding. Well, that and their small white haired ankle biter, Kauzma. It was really weird seeing Suigetsu as a dad, but he was a good dad at least. 

Not much was heard from Jugo. He seemed to travel a lot and from time to time he would send things to Hinata by carrier bird. Last she had heard from him, he had taken temporary residency in a temple filled with monks. That..concerned.. Hinata to say the very least., but hey, it's what he wanted to do. Sasuke mentioned that it was probably to learn how to better control his inconsolable fits, apparently he had spoken about doing this before. He thought the monks would be knowledgeable through rigorous and dedicated meditation teachings or something.. 

Anyway, Hinata pretty much retired after her last real injury and decided to stay home and relax while she could. Sasuke was gone a lot, but he made it a point to come home between jobs to see Hinata. He wouldn't admit it, but he had gotten pretty attached to her in the last year. Even more so than he had been before the whole team split up. Sometimes he would admit to missing her. 

Her long eyelashes fluttered against her cheeks as she heard familiar footsteps just outside the bedroom, in the hallway. The door gently slid open and then there was the clanking of both clean and dirty kunai echoing the room as they were tossed carelessly on the dresser next to the door.  

Hinata wanted to greet him with a smile or a small hello , but she was just so tired all she could muster was a short, muffled groan. She heard the rustling of clothes as he fought tiredly to strip his attire. Normally this would be when Hinata would try to sneak a peek, but not tonight... 

"You still awake?" She heard him whisper rather hoarsely across the dimly lit bedroom. She groaned once more as the foot of their shared bed dipped under his weight. His warm, calloused hands engulfed her small ankles. The heat from his palms were soothing enough to entice  moan from her lips. 

Sasuke bent down, just slightly, and kissed the inner side of her knee. His hands slid up the outter sides of her smooth, flawless, and pale legs. He trailed a line of kisses up her thigh before leaving a playful bite just shy of her bikini line. 

"Sasuke.." 

He gently grabbed onto her hips and kissed her taut stomach. He smiled against her skin and nipped gently, just enough to make her shiver. "Hn?"

"Shouldn't you be too tired for this, pervert?" She managed to get a chuckle out of him, but his kisses and nips didn't cease. When his lips reached her neck he stopped and laid his forehead against hers. "You're always trying to blame me, just be honest here, you're the one that's tired." 

She placed her small hand against his chest and shook her head. Their noses touched lightly and Sasuke stole a small kiss from her. "You love me still?"

"Yes." Hinata answered with a small smile.

"We still getting married?"

"Yess.." Her smile grew as she held back a chuckle. He ran a hand through her hair and cupped her soft cheek gently.

It's crazy how much things can change in a little over a year. Hinata went from living at home with her family where she put up with everyone's crap, literally, to traveling the world with one of the most notorious groups Konoha had ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She hated and then fell madly in love with the last breathing Uchiha. The decision to run away from home had led her in all sorts of crazy directions, and at first she regretted it because she felt as though she had been running from her problems. Little did she know the entire time she had been running toward something. Hinata Hyuga was more than her old weaknesses and she took control of her own destiny. Leaving home was the best decision she had ever made.