Chapter Five

Edited~ 2/14/18

~~~

The following week was filled with rough travel and unpredictable weather. More often than not, the rain was freezing cold and if that weren't enough Karin argued with Suigetsu through all of it. Those two just couldn't leave each other be..

Hinata kept to the rear of the group and avoided conversation as much as humanly possible except for the occasional announcement that they needed to make a piss stop. It was awkward traveling with mostly men so she was slightly thankful to have Karin.

She had spent more than three days thinking back to a conversation that occurred at the beginning of the week. One in which Karin told her she wouldn't be upset with Hinata if she decided to bunk with Sasuke. She encouraged it so Hinata could get used to the idea of being with him.

Hinata had just stared at her, completely dumbfounded. This girl was really pushing for this to happen! Hinata was trying to run the complete opposite direction of the idea. She hated when the Uchiha was brought up in casual conversation. It was like their entire world revolved around Sasuke Uchiha.

Hinata nearly crippled Suigetsu the day before, after he had made a remark about her giving birth to red eyed babies. She wished she had never taken that stupid bet..and then lost..

Hinata groaned at the thought. She'd rather be home listening to her father fantasize about her marrying Neji. At least Neji wasn't as demented as Sasuke. She cringed at the very thought of marrying either of them.

The cold rain picked up and pools of mud were forming around their feet. The air seemed to get colder by the second. While everyone else was whining and chattering their teeth, minus Sasuke of course, Hinata didn't seem to feel anything as she was lost in thought and numb to most everything else.

As a matter of fact, she was so lost in thought that she hadn't noticed the group came to an abrupt halt. She ended up slamming face first into Sasuke's back, then she fell backwards into what seemed to be the largest mud hole for miles.

Laughter erupted from Suigetsu and Karin beamed him over the head with her fist while yelling something at him about being a jerk. Hinata took quick note of the fact that she couldn't exactly hear what Karin was saying, even though she was clearly yelling. She pushed against the ground but her muscles couldn't hoist her weight as easily. Fatigue must have crept in while she was too busy thinking to even properly evaluate her own state of well being.

She became lightly dizzy and somewhat sleepy as she looked up at Sasuke, whom was towering over her with his hands stretched out. "Hinata" It sounded like he was speaking through a rubber hose. She closed her eyes and didn't remember much of the day after that.

~~~

The sun came shining through the small opening in the front of the tent and Hinata gradually emerged from her slumber. She stretched as far as she possibly could and popped every joint she could think of, except her back. Before she could rightfully complain about the lack of popping from her back she discovered something which demanded all of her attention and immediately.

Sasuke was tangled up in a mess of blankets just beneath her, and he was hardly even clothed to say the very least. Hinata clenched her jaws and sat up to look down at him. She went from looking at him, to looking at herself just to make sure she still had clothes on and thankfully she did or this would have been a whole lot worse for him.

She looked around the tent, contemplating her next move. She could either get up and leave him sleeping or she could wake him up...rudely. Her eyes locked on a small cooking pot just a few inches away, sticking out of the side of one of their traveling packs. A smile spread across her face as she had decided, today she would awaken Sasuke Uchiha from his slumber.