Chapter Twenty One

Hinata came to a stop in the center of the woods. To her satisfaction, no one had followed her.

Good. Sasuke and the others needed to care for their own mess.

She could hear heavy pounding in her ears and she wasn't sure if it was her own pulse or the thumping of approaching feet.

There were six.

"Hinata!" Her father appeared before her from the trees above. Hinata took a broad stance and prepared herself. "Are you ready to come home??"

"I will not come home."

"We are prepared to force you. You are my daughter, therefore I can do so."

"Daughter doesn't mean the same as property."

"You wish to continue this rebellious charade, you leave me no choice. I am disappointed in you." 

A large explosion erupted in the distance behind her. Lightning filled the air and a strong gust of wind threatened to take away every Hyuga that wasn't nailed to the floor.  Naruto.

But the lightning must've been Sasuke. Things were getting pretty heavy back there. She needed to finish things up quickly here and return to them.  Hinata returned her gaze to Hiashi. "I'm not interested in talking anymore. So let's just do what you came here to do."

"Very well then."

~~~

"Sasuke! Get your head in the fight! What's wrong with you?!"  Said Uchiha gritted his teeth harshly. "Shut up, dobe!!"

"She's not even here and she's distracting you, endangering you and your comrades. She needs to come home, Sasuke, before she's anymore of a burden to you..!" Naruto lectured as he dodged an attack.

"Shut up, Naruto!! I don't want to hear you say that again!!" Lightning broke the ground beneath them and gathered around him. "Or you'll be fighting me next!!"

Naruto had a talent for making Sasuke mad. "You know I'm right!" Sasuke sent blades of lightning flying through the air at their opponents. When each blade hit, a small explosion erupted. All of them together causes one larger explosion. 

"Learn to mind your own business, Naruto!"

~~~

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

They all came at her at once. Hinata knew from training that fighting five byakugan users was her limit, and so did her father. Which is why he approached last. He took a stance and held his palms out. "I hope you're really prepared because I will not go easy on you."

"Neither were they." It was a dirty trick, something the Hyuga clan was known for, unfortunately. Her little sister could run things so much better if he would just give in and allow her to do so. "I will give you one last chance to come home, Hinata. If not then it is my responsibility to see to it that you are dealt with."

She was in bad shape after the five before him. Her heart was beating against her rib cage, her chakra was extremely low, and the palms of her hands were going numb. "Look at you, you can barely stand."

Maybe. But she was still standing.

She made the first move. He blocked, she would have to do better than that to land a hit. Dammit. His chakra powered hand swooshed by her head in slow motion, because she had barely managed to dodge it.