Chapter 7 - Early Trial

Hey guys, sorry this took so long I've been busy! I'm not a fan of replying to comments IN my story so this should hopefully be the only one as I think it ruins the immersion in the story. I thought I should address some of the issues of the character's looks or lack thereof. Basically, I never planned to tell the reader the looks of the main character. I thought I could do an unorthodox method in which I allow the reader to feel as though they are the main character. This is hopefully enhanced by my descriptive writing style. I purposely didn't give any information about the Alexanders looks so whether the ready was Black, white, Asian or any other ethnicity or was tall, short, etc, they could all feel as though they were the main character and if not, they could use their own imagination to create the way the Alex would look. I understand this might not appeal to most of you so let me know whether you want me to do a detailed description chapter describing each character's role and looks. I also wanted to treat my audience as smart capable people who could figure out minor details through the content in the story e.g. the name of the main character being Alexander Soyoye. Anyway, thank you all so much for the support! I read all your comments. Also let me know if you prefer me to reply in the comments, DM or this method.

Chapter 7 – Early Trail

As Anthony and I walked towards the sports hall to train for the volleyball trail, we talked about random things that had happened the past week. I told him about the extra maths lessons I had with the principal later that day, I told him about the 15km run and how I had collapsed but most notably I told him as much as I could remember about the weird state of slowed down time I had experienced and the weird dream I was just having before he woke me up. I realised it was probably just my mind playing tricks on me and it was probably nothing, but I always told Anthony everything.

"I get it," he replied with a smile.

"Really?!" I said shocked, "You've experienced that before"

"Oh no, of course not," he laughed, "That's super weird."

"Then how do you 'get it'," I replied embarrassed.

"The way you described it, it reminds me of the way I feel sometimes when I'm setting the ball in volleyball" he answered with a serious look on his face, "That feeling of pure, intense focus and the feeling of exhaustion afterwards. It feels like waking up from a dream. You know it happened. But it also didn't. It's an indescribable feeling."

That dream-like feeling. It's exactly how I felt after the snowball incident.

"I begin to see this faint orange light being emitted from the ball, almost like a path from my hands to its destination," he continued, "I begin to see the trajectory of the ball"

I was stunned.

Although it wasn't what I had experienced I could tell it was similar. I turned to ask him more about what he had just described, but I saw a sad, questioning look on his face.

"You okay Anthony?" I asked.

"Hey Alex, are you free this weekend?" he requested ignoring my question.

"Yeah, Why?" I responded.

"Well my family is having a celebration because, hmm," He stumbled, "... my older brother is coming home"

Older brother? I had known Anthony since we were 9. We told each other everything. From the girls, we liked, to the answers on tests but in all that time I'd never heard him talk or even mention an older brother.

Something was bothering him. Something was hurting him. Something ached inside him. Something felt so wrong, but I couldn't tell what. A wrath like a calm deep sea that swallows everything, effervesced within him. But he wouldn't let it out. He knew I had no recollection of his older brother, but he obviously had no intention of telling me.