Chapter 17- It's Time.

"When we meet up with Emma," I said as we slowly walked over to the meeting spot, "First, I'm going to talk about the chemistry class and tell her how embarrassing it was. Then you come in and tell us your most embarrassing story, the one about farting in an exam. Then..."

"Wait, what?!" Anthony yelled, "No, I'm not telling someone I barely know that. How do you even know that?!"

"It's fine," I continued as I ignored his comment, "Then you tell her how logical I am and the story about getting my test thrown in the trash. This should lead to us getting closer and her inviting us to the park with her. Oh, wait I forgot you also have to say..."

"Alex!" Anthony shouted, "You need to stop."

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Over thinking," He explained, "You can't plan every detail of a conversation. Just, go with the flow."

"We've met right?" I asked sarcastically.

"All I'm saying is that if you over think the situation and if something doesn't go as planned, you'll be filled with anxiety and confusion," He explained, "Then you won't be able to wing it. Sometimes you've just got to trust your instincts."

Go with the flow. I guess I could do that.

We continued our walk to the spot where we met Emma for the first time. When a sudden collision caused me to fall over.

"Sorry mate," I apologised as I looked quickly stood up to help the student up.

"Mr Ramsay?!" I exclaimed, "I'm so sorry! I thought you were a student."

"It's all good Alex," Mr Ramsay said as he dusted himself off and tried to pick up his belongings, "As long as you apologise, it's okay. Hope you are feeling better."

"Yeah," I replied with a smile, "I'm fine."

His personality is so different from what I remember. He seems nicer.

"That's good," He said in a warm voice, "Anthony, we missed you at practice today."

That's right. I had forgotten. Originally, Anthony dragged me to practise with him where Mr Ramsay decided to do my trial that day instead. But this time, I dragged Anthony to the abandoned junkyard, so my trial is still tomorrow.

"Sorry sir," Anthony apologised, "I was taking care of some stuff at the time. I'll come tomorrow to help the newbies, in order to make up for it."

"Then I'll see you tomorrow," He said as he walked away, "I'm in a bit late for an appointment at the moment, so I'll see both of you tomorrow."

"Yes sir," Anthony and I said in unison.

Anthony and I soon arrived at the spot where I met Emma the second time. My hands began to tremble, I was scared. The moment I had dreaded was here. All the painful images kept flooding back.

I don't want it to happen again. Please. Never again!

"Fear is a human instinct. It's there to keep you safe. But we have to take that fear and master it" Anthony said with a serious voice.

"What are you talking about?" I replied with a fake smile, "I'm completely fine."

"Your body is telling you that it's afraid." He said as he gestured to my trembling hands, "You can't move the way you usually do, can you? Feels like you're tied up, right?"

"Yeah." I admitted, "I'm scared I can't do it. I'm worried I'm going to lose those important to me."

"Saying you can't, solidifies you never will. Don't let that fear slow you down. Take the fear and use it to speed up." Anthony said with a grin, "As long as I'm with you, everything is going to be okay."