Chapter 16- Explanation

"How's your vision," Anthony asked.

"It's gotten a bit better," I replied, "Still need some help though. Were you able to do the favour?"

"Yeah, I've told the principal that we skipped class to go to the junkyard," Anthony said as he guided me out of the nurse's office, "he said to bring you to his office."

"Aren't you worried about your scholarship," He asked.

"Yeah, but this is important," I said with a smile, "Trust me."

"Alright," He replied as we headed over to the principal's office.

Emma only offered to walk with us because she knew where the address the principal gave me was. I need a way to get that card again, so I can recreate those events. I've changed so many events from the first time, the chemistry class, the volleyball, even my first encounter with Emma outside the chemistry class never happened. All these might have caused some kind of butterfly effect which may lead to her changing the time she went home. If it did, then Emma could arrive early, so she'd be alone when she meets those guys. Or she could have taken another route home.

Anthony and I need to get this card and find her as early as we can and try to end up at the park. I'm going have to use Zero-Tempo to its max if I stand a chance at stopping these guys. From what I remember one is physically strong and durable and the other one has a gun. If Anthony and I stand a chance it would be using our abilities to their fullest.

"Let's talk about what we know so far about this Zero-Tempo," I said.

"Sure," Anthony replied.

"From the training, I came up with some hypothesis on our abilities" I explained, "First, it's pretty obvious but they take stamina."

"Yeah," Anthony agreed, "Your ability must take a lot more than mine because you nearly collapsed about the training whereas I was only sweating"

"That might be, but it might also just be I have horrible stamina." I laughed.

"We also know that your ability slows down your perception of time," He continued, "whereas mine allows me to see the trajectory of an object."

"Yeah," I agreed, "Let's just refer to my ability as Zero-Tempo and yours as Trajectory"

"Trajectory," He smiled, "I like the sound of that."

"Second," I continued, "We know overuse of Zero-Tempo causes me to have a grey-out, but we haven't noticed any side-effects from Trajectory"

"True," Anthony said.

"Third," I continued, "The slower I make my perception of time, the thicker the bolt of lightning."

"Speaking of the lightning bolts," Anthony asked, "I noticed mine towards the end of the training session, start to change from orange to yellow. Any ideas on what that means?"

"No," I answered, "But mine did something similar. Right before I collapsed mine changed from yellow to green. Not sure what it means though."

"Guess there are still so many mysteries about these abilities," Anthony replied, "Especially the origin."

"Yeah," I said, "You're right."

But that doesn't matter right now, as long as I have Zero-Tempo, I'll use it to my advantage as much as possible.

"We're at his office," Anthony said.

"Wait outside," I asked, "There is no reason both of us going in."