Chapter 18 - Nora

I stood backstage to watch the boys tonight, and as always, I was amazed. Patrick was fairly shy normally, but the second he started singing, it was like that shyness just melted away, and he became a completely different person. He was also incredibly passionate about his music, which only made me appreciate it more every night that I got to watch him perform. Pete was the same way, and I'm more than positive that Ellie was enjoying every picture and video I sent her of his performances.

    When the show was over, the boys filed off the stage one by one. Patrick was always on a high at this point, and it showed in the way he jogged to me, wrapping his arms around me and kissing me passionately. He used to pick me up and spin me around when he walked off stage, but as my baby bump grew bigger, he grew more and more cautious about how he handled me. He groaned softly before pulling away from the kiss, only to lean his head against mine and bit his lip. "Have I told you how gorgeous you look tonight?" He whispered, making me blush lightly.

    "Only a few times," I giggled, pecking his lips again. Patrick only grinned and kissed me back, moving one hand to the back of my head to pull me closer as he turned my perfectly innocent peck into something more. I didn't miss the way his other hand moved lower on my hip, and apparently, neither did Joe.

    "Hey!" Joe yelled from the doorway of the dressing room, "Save it for your hotel room!"

    At that, Pete came to the doorway as well, grinning like a fool as Patrick slowly pulled away from me again. I was certain that I was blushing profusely already, but as Pete loudly whooped it up from the dressing room, I had to step into Patrick's arms and bury my face in his chest. He chuckled lightly and held me to him, his arms around my shoulders now as he dropped a more innocent kiss on top of my head. "I'm sorry," He whispered to me, "I couldn't help myself."

    "It's okay," I giggled, looking up at him. He was smiling down at me, his bright blue eyes shining in the dim light. He was always telling me that I was gorgeous, ever since the night we met. Right now, however, he was the one who was gorgeous. Even with his hair sticking to his forehead with sweat, and his hat a little crooked on his head, he was absolutely stunning. Not to mention, I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened before the show. Him hovering over me in nothing but his boxers was not a bad image to be stuck with all night, but it was definitely frustrating. I stared at him a moment, before deciding that it was my turn to tease him. I stepped away, pulling myself from his arms. "Just save it for the hotel room, like Pete said," I told him, shrugging as I turned to walk to the dressing room. He had a look of genuine shock on his face before I looked away, and I smirked to myself as he rushed to catch up with me.

    About half an hour later, we were all piling back into the van, Patrick hot on my heels all the way outside. Just to tease him some more, I quickly claimed the passenger's seat up front, next to Joe. Patrick stood outside the van a moment, narrowing his eyes at me through the window, as if he had just realized what I was doing. I smiled and waved to him through the glass, and he finally climbed into the back seat, sitting directly behind me. As Joe pulled the van into the road, I felt Patrick leaning against the back of my seat. "So, Nora," he said suddenly, making me jump because his head was right next to mine. I looked back to see him leaning over the back of the seat, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "What did you think of the show?" I glared at him, but now Joe was looking at me too, and Andy was leaning in between the seats.

    "You guys were great," I told them truthfully, flinching again as I felt Patrick's breath against the back of my ear. I tried to ignore him, turning to look at Joe and Andy instead. Pete was already passed out against the opposite door of the back seat. "Really great," I continued, "I love watching you guys perform."