02

THE GREASER"   simply captivated

THE GREASER
" simply captivated. "
( BRYON'S POV )
-

"Peace man! Peace and love dirty hippie!"

I turned around to see Curly yelling at some hippie girl with long hair. I rolled my eyes. He was always causing some sort of unwanted trouble.

Our group stopped and joined in on the trash talking Curly was having so much fun with. I gave Pony a look, and he gave me one back. We both hated when Curly pulled stunts like this. I mean c'mon, she was a just a girl.

"What? Are you mad? Did someone not get their daily smoke today?" I heard Curly tease as our gang cheered him on. "Oh sorry, it's LSD right?"

"Leave me alone will ya?" The girl snapped, as she finally turned around. She was pretty alright, for a hippie. Her long dark hair fell down to her hips, and she had a soft look on her face, despite being angry.

I recognized her from school. She wasn't hard to spot, since she was one of the few hippies that actually went to school. She was one of the few hippies in Tulsa now that I think about it. I didn't really know her, but I know this kid, M&M, who's pretty good friends with her, considering he's a hippie too.

"Or what?" Curly sneered. I couldn't believe he was really pulling his switch on some hippie girl.

"Hey leave her alone c'mon Curly." Pony stepped up.
"Yeah let's get outta here." I added, making eye contact with the girl. She looked surprised that we had stood up for her. I could tell she was scared, but she sure as hell was good at hiding it.

Curly put his switchblade away, before spitting at the poor girl. Seriously, what was his problem? I really didn't get him sometimes.

The rest of the gang started to walk away, and I followed them before I heard the girl speak up.

"Hey thanks," She said to Pony softly, her voice still a little shaky, but somehow she sounded so confident. She didn't look at me. I didn't expect her to. She didn't even know who I was.

"Don't worry bout it. Curly can be a little rough sometimes." Pony replied. They stood there for a second, and I debated if I should just catch up with Curly. That changed when she turned in my direction. Finally getting a good look at her, she was even more gorgeous up close. Her long black-brown hair seemed more shiny as it blew softly around her face. Her gentle brown eyes captivated me instantly, and her wispy lashes seemed to go on forever. She had this softness that enveloped me, like a sudden wave of warmth.

"Thanks..." She said awkwardly, not knowing my name. I stood there, dumbstruck, before realizing I had to reply.

"Bryon. My names Bryon." I said quickly, trying in vain to sound cool.

She gave me a smile, and her eyes seems to light up. Bright brown eyes like a honey in the sun.

"We'll see you around." Pony broke the silence.

He started to walk away, and I followed, breaking eye contact with her.

I couldn't be in love. I didn't even know what love was. Love to me was a greasy broad I picked up at the Dingo. So I definitely couldn't be in love. I didn't even know her name.