44

IT'S GOODBYE NOW
" people don't forget girls like you. they try, but they won't ever forget
what your love felt like. "
( DELILAH'S POV )
-

"You're sure you wanna do this?"

I looked up at Liv who gave me a worried look. Bryon was waiting for me, leaning against his car.

"I've never been so sure of anything else." I replied to Liv and Charlie as we sat in my van for the last time. Heath leaned against the door looking at Bryon thoughtfully.

"So he just shows up and you're willing to go back with him?" Heath asks carelessly, still staring at Bryon.

No one said a word, and even I had to think about it.

"Yes. I've been running for too long Heath. You said it yourself, its time to stop running. I've been here long enough. Maybe it's time to go home."

Liv gave me that same worried look, but this time it was different, sadder.

"You know we'll miss you." She smiled tearfully.

I held her hand and took Charlie's too.

"I don't think I can forget a pair like you." I smiled back.

Everyone was quiet again. I felt like everything I wanted to say they already knew. Some friendships don't need words, they just have feelings.

"So were just gonna sit here and hold hands?" Heath interrupted.

"We're having a moment here, thanks." Charlie snapped, his accent coming out, which made Liv and I smile like crazy.

Heath scoffed and walked away, laying down on his blanket a few feet away.

I'd miss their daily fights. I'd miss Liv's craziness. I'd miss Heath's surprising wisdom, and I'd miss Charlie's thoughtfulness. I'd miss what my life had become, what I had changed it to.

"You're sure you're doing the right thing love?" Charlie raised his brows.

"Gosh Charlie, this is Bryon. They're like soulmates or something." Liv scolded Charlie, as if it were basic knowledge.

I laughed softy. I'd definitely miss this.

"I'm doing the right thing. Maybe I didn't want to realize it when I left, but this is fate. This is meant to be."

Liv and Charlie looked back at me with thoughtful looks, and I knew they'd understand. It was time for me to leave, like the rest of our group had left. First Leah. Then Penny. Then Zoe and Mila. And now me.

See that's the thing about life. We all have fates. Bad ones, good ones, just fates. We can't control fate. We all split up, go our own ways, all towards fate. All in time, but it's set in stone.

And now it was my time. My fate.

We all stepped out of the van, and I stopped Charlie before he headed towards Heath.

I hugged him tightly, and felt his gentle touch around me.

"I'll sure miss you, british boy." I laughed as I pulled away.