2nd

You woke up to the bright light of the sunshine

You woke up to the bright light of the sunshine. Curtains were drawn so the light could shine onto. You stood up and slipped into a night gown. You went to the balcony and breathed in. It was a very beautiful house, indeed. This garden, a lake nearby. It was perfect.

‘You’ll catch a cold.’ You heard a voice behind you and opened your eyes. You walked back to your room. Thomas were standing in front of mirror and was fixing his tie. He caught your look. You rolled your eyes and jumped in the bed covering yourself with sheets."So, you’re gonna ignore me. Right, a classic girl move.He said.You threw a pillow in his direction didn’t calculating your throw. You missed.Obviously.'

"I’ll be in an office all day." He looked at you and took the pillow from the floor. "Just go. I do not care." He clenched his teeth and then you heard a heavy slam of the door.

You waited for him to leave the house and went to the bathroom. You decided to have a look on the house. It was tremendous.

You had a breakfast and went upstairs. There were a lot of rooms, you wouldn’t be surprised if someone got lost here. You opened the door near your bedroom, it was Thomas’s work place. Approaching his desk you noticed some paintings on the wall. There were Thomas’s and his brothers’ childhood photos. You narrowed your eyes and took one of the photos. Your eyes went wide. You took this photo and hurried to the Thomas’s work, Small Heath.

As you entered this place people were in a hurry, some of them were counting money, some were working with papers.

"Jasmin!" You turned and saw oldest Shelby.

"Hello, Arthur,"-you smiled.

"What are you doing here? Is there any problem?’

"No, I came to see Thomas. Where’s his office?" You looked around. Arthur laughed.

"Already missing him, ae?" You looked at him."Kind of,"-you mumbled.

"Sorry, I didn’t hear you, these fuckers are doing a lot of noise..oh, sorry..I didn’t mean to speak to you like that…um..I…I’d better show you his office, come this way,"-he said.

You frowned."Okay…"

You saw Thomas talking with some men from the window of his cabinet. To be exact, he was yelling at them and was pointing to them with his cigarette. You waited a bit and then those men went out of his room. They saw you and nodded, "Mrs.Shelby." You smiled and nodded in response. Thomas heard your name and looked up.

"Jasmin? What are you waiting for?Come in." He called you.

You changed your mind."I’d better go. You’re busy,"-you smiled.

"Jasmin, come in,"-he insisted. You entered his office and closed the door.

"What are you doing here?"-Thomas raised his brows. You shook your head."I was just passing by." You knitted your brow.

"Okay, have a seat.Would you like a drink?"

"No, oh, by the way,"-you opened your handbag and pulled out the photo,-"Is that you in this picture?"

A look of pleasure brushed lightly over his face when he looked at you."So ,you were just passing by my work place and accidentally you wanted to know something about this picture?" He asked in mocking way.

You tried to give your look more confidence."Yes."

His smile became wide."Try to be less proud." He got you. You stood up and leaned in to grab the photo from his hand."Anyway, I’m not interested anymore." He grabbed your arm. Your eyes met."What do you need that for?"

You leaned back."I was just curious." He took the photo again and looked at it."Yes, it’s me."

Just great.You thought."Now tell me, why do you need it?"

"I think, we met further back, in childhood,"-you were hesitating."We used to play on the street, mock your brothers,"-you laughed. Thomas was looking at you for a while and then stood up. He was confused.

"But how?…I remember you, but then that girl left…and since then..I’ve never heard about you. What were we like then? 3 or 4?"

"Yes, we left and I don’t know why my dad didn’t tell me that it was you. I saw this picture today and I was amazed that it all turned out like that." You shook your head.

"I think if you were to know that you’re gonna marry your friend from childhood you would be more confused."

You lowered your head."I don’t know, maybe."

You looked at each other and both laughed."I’ve never thought that YOU were gonna be my wife because I do remember how you were mocking me,"-he said.

"I was just playing,"-you laughed. You both looked at each other and there were uneasy stares and smiles. You broke the silence and stood up.

"I’d better go." You smiled.

"I’ll see you at home,"-he approached and opened the door to you. And another stares and smiles with him and you were on your carriage heading home.

~~~

Sorry for my english I’m too bad at descriptions of the events.
By the way,If you like it then please leave your votes/comments.🍓