5th

The next two weeks were very cloudy

The next two weeks were very cloudy. Thomas barely was at home. His people were around home all day, they were watching all the time. You've been in your room most of the time. You went to see your mother and took some of your own clothes. This was inappropriate to tell her about an incident so you'd kept quiet and you didn't want to cause a panic. The only person who you could talk was Cecilia, but she was so scared about what happened that it made her quit.

So, you were alone all day long apart from blinders and a chef. Thomas has hired a new maid, Mary. But she wasn't talking to much so you stayed away from her. It was almost evening. You went down to the garden. There were a lot of your flowers, especially roses. Some of them have withered already .You ran your hand through them. You've totally forgotten to water them.

"You should cut them off," you heard a familiar and a husky voice of Thomas. It's been already two weeks since you'd heard his voice. After the incident he tried to talk to you, but you avoided him.

You didn't turn to him, just straightened up."I know," you mumbled and turned to him.
You wanted to avoid an eye contact with him and pass him, but you gave him a quick once-over. You paled.

"Is that blood?!" you drew nearer and scrutinized a wound at the corner of his eye. You gripped his chin and turned his head to the side so you could see the wound.

"You should bandage the wound at once."

"Nothing serious," he inclined his head.

"Nothi... Come with me," you took his hand and led him in the house.

"This may sting a bit," you said and put a cloth to his brow. He growled and his hands tightened into fists. You grimaced."Sorry."

You were looking at his wound as you were bandaging it and he was looking at you. Your faces were inches away from each other. "They are all dead." He said looking straight into your eyes.

You looked at him. "The man who threatened you and his people. I killed them." You put the cloth aside. Your thoughts were mixed. Is there a pleasure that they're dead or a disappointing that you're husband is capable of doing those things?

Of course, you knew that the peaky blinders are gangsters. Nevertheless, living with the gangster was going to be hard to accept. "He said that there was a car robbery. Why did you do that? It was his own." You frowned.

"That is what I call business."

'Oh, right.That is what gangsters do. Sorry, forgot." You said rolling your eyes. You didn't appreciate their work. But,who cared what you thought, right?

"Keep it for a few days," you took a first aid kit and stood up. He grabbed your arm, you stopped and looked down at him. His blue eyes..you just noticed how beautiful they were. The kind you could sink in. They were sky-blue eyes but at the same time they had a darkness into them.

"What?"

"Nothing." He let your arm.

You went to sleep, Thomas was in his cabinet. But soon he went to bed too. You didn't utter a word and fell asleep quickly. By dawn you felt some noise and opened your eyes. It was Thomas. He was dreaming. Apparently, it was the bad dream because of his flinching. You rubbed your eyes and leaned on your elbow. You looked at Thomas's side and narrowed your eyes.

"Thomas?" You called him. He was now trembling. He was moaning something and aching.

"Thomas!" You tried to wake him up but he didn't wake up.You shook his arms."Tommy it is a dream, wake up!"

It seemed he didn't hear you."Tommy! Tommy, wake up!" You were so scared for him, you haven't seen him like this before.

Then suddenly his eyes widened. He took your arms and squeezed them."Hey, Thomas,it's me. Jasmin. Wake up."
His grip loosened, his eyes flickered."Jasmin?"

"What was that? You're okay?" You took his face.

"It was a war...I saw. It's memories from the war." He tried to speak.

"It's okay, it is just a dream." You whispered. He was half asleep. He leaned in and put his head on your shoulder.You couldn't help but wrap your arms around his shoulders. You could scent how fresh his hair smelled. You both fell asleep like that💤.