The Forest and The Ocean (Lesbian Story) Ch. 6

Chapter Six:

Acceptance

Jenna's Point Of View:

"So....What you're saying is, all we have to do is tell you where we're going and that's it?" I asked my dad as we now all stood in the hallway of the kitchen. Our conversation at the dinner table we so... smooth that I was actually still in shock from it. My mom though, boy did she not look happy at all... My dad smiled as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, guiding us to the main area.

"It's like I said earlier, that was the only problem I had with you two. Just let me know where you're going and how long you'll be gone and we're fine." He said as we made it to the front door. Laura was standing there uncomfortably as my mom was glaring at her. I noticed my dad sigh as he shook his head. "Lisa, leave the poor girl alone. For christ sake."

"I don't agree with your acceptance of this, Michael." I was starting to get annoyed. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to Laura. She flinched slightly as I grabbed for her hand. I looked at her and noticed she just wouldn't pull her eyes away from my moms.

"I don't care if you don't agree with dad to be honest, but I am asking is that you at least respect Laura. You use to think so highly of her..." I bit my lip so I wouldn't get angry with her and cause more drama.

"It's different now..." My mom said as she went to go stand by my dad.

"Fine, whatever." I rolled my eyes and opened the door so we could leave. We still had to deal with her moms questioning... yay... 'Man why do you have to be so fucking negative all the damn time?' Oh my god I cannot deal with you right now! 'Ya know... one would think you'd be use to this by now.' Well... one would think they were also sane. 'Man... then life would just fail wouldn't it?' Dear god...

We walked out before my parents could say anything else to us that would either shock us or hurt us. We walked somewhat side by side back to my car. Laura's face looked so stressed out now, though I didn't really understand why... my dad didn't freak out on us like we both thought he was going to... as she was about to open the car door I shut it and turned her around. She wouldn't give me any eye contact.

"Laura... what's wrong?" I questioned as I forced her chin up so she'd look at me, still no eye contact. She just averted her eyes. "Baby?"

"It's nothing." She lied. Why on earth was she lying? I rolled my eyes as I pulled my hand away.

"Ok, now that's a lie."

"Yeah, pretty much." She gave me a half smile as she leaned against my car. I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I shoved my hands into my pockets. The ground seemed to be very interesting right about now. "Can I ask you something?" Her voice sounded so distant.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Do you think that maybe I can just hang out by myself today?" Ok ouch...

"Oh, well yeah. Let me take you home." I said as I went to move around to the driver's side. She pulled me back; her hands on either side of my head as she kissed me. 'What in the fucking hell is going on!' Why do you have to be so negative all the time? '...Touche...' She moved her hands so they gripped my back, pulling me closer to her. Her lips felt like fire as they moved with mine. I wasn't sure if it was because of the heat or what, I didn't really care. Her lips moved away to kiss along my jaw line to my neck. I closed my eyes as she kissed my most sensitive of skin.

"Don't think it's because I don't want to be with you, because you know my heart always wants to be around yours..." She whispered into my ear as she placed her hand on my chest to emphasize her meaning. "And, yes I know I'm corny." She pulled back with a smile on her face. I sighed as I kissed her cheek.