The Forest and The Ocean (Lesbian Story) Ch.11

Man, i am on a ROLL EH?! lmfao i know, i'm a beast. LOL just kidding, i'm just having a good writing week.

Chapter Eleven:

You Can Be The Captain And I Can Be Your First Mate.

Laura's Point Of View:

Eric was chowing down next to Luke as we stopped at some burger joint I don't really remember ever going to. I didn't really eat though; I obviously had other things on my mind. I kept catching myself daydreaming and recollecting memories that Jenna and I had back in this town. I sighed as I shook my head, not wanting to think about it anymore. I looked to Luke to see him scarfing down another burger, ketchup all over his face. He smiled a goofy grin as he continued to eat, winking at me as well. I felt my stomach churn. I looked over at Eric to see him studying my every move, making me uncomfortable.

"So, how come you're not eating?" Eric asked, now making Luke notice I wasn't eating. I looked down at my plate, picking up the burger and taking a bite.

"I am eating, see?" I said as I opened my mouth. Eric made a disgusted face as he went back to talking to Luke about some stupid baseball game they had on TV. I looked at my phone and bit my lip as I scrolled down to pictures. I had a separate folder that I kept under a password, just in case Luke decided to snoop through my phone or any one of my friends back in NYC.

When I opened it I smiled as I saw the first picture pop up; it was one Jenna and I took while we were laying in bed at the hotel. I made a funny face as she kisses my cheek. I moved to the next one and frowned; a picture that Jenna took when she kissed me in my backyard one morning. The next couple of pictures would be ones that I'd taken when she'd randomly fall asleep. I had a few... well non clothed ones, of us in bed cuddling or her just sleeping when the sheet wasn't covering her. The rest were just us being goofy or pictures of things we were doing. Basically saying, the folder had over three hundred pictures on it.

"What are you smiling at?" I heard Luke ask next to me. I quickly exited out of pictures and placed my phone on the table. He looked at me strangely next to me as I leaned my back against the booth.

"Just a text my friend sent me, her boyfriend slipped into the pool." 'Slipped into the pool...?' The things I come up with make no sense. I looked over at Eric to see he knew I was lying, but I know he won't comment on it. That's the best thing about him, cool and collected. Maybe it's where I got it from, always seeing him doing it.

"Well, I'm ready to crash, that long drive up here... was well long. Do you just want to head back home in the morning?" He asked as he too watched Luke scarf down his food, I wonder if he was even chewing... I looked at Eric and smiled.

"That sounds fine." I answered.

"What about seeing Jenna? I mean we drove all the way down here to hang out with her! Wasn't she supposed to stay at your house for like a week as well?" Luke asked as he chugged down his mountain dew.

"Well, I guess... she changed her mind?" Eric said. He looked at me and I averted my eyes.

"Your best friend, no offense is a bitch." I bit my tongue, literally, before I rebutted to that. I rolled my eyes as I looked out the window, not wanting to look him in the eye.

"Well, I don't know what her problem is. However, I am tired and I do want to sleep." With that said Eric left a twenty for the bill and grabbed his car keys. Luke quickly finished off the rest of his burger before getting up as well. I followed suit, sitting in the back seat, not caring if Luke sat next to me or not. He did though, draping his arm around my shoulders. I saw Eric's eyes in the rear view mirror again before placing his sunglasses on and driving to our hotel.