The Forest and The Ocean (Lesbian Story) Ch. 9

I'm to finish Chapter Fifteen for Sport's Aren't My Only.... so.... here is this :)

Chapter Nine:

What Do I Do?

Laura's Point Of View:

We were laying on her bed, the sunrise not too far away from us. I was lying on my stomach, head on my arms as I stared at her sleeping face. I don't know what was with me; I couldn't help but smile as I watched her sleep. I looked down at her hand and felt my chest tighten up as I noticed the ring I gave her. It's been a week since we got back from our own personal heaven and I couldn't be more depressed. My mother wanted a divorce... it didn't register in my brain. In my mind, 'they were the absolute perfect couple... they had met in high school freshman year... dated all through high school. Mom got pregnant with my brother when she was 16... they graduated high school together while dealing with the pressures and being made fun from their classmates and family. Got married while dad was still in academy and mom in nursing school... been married for at least twenty years... and now they might get divorced because I fell in love with you...' I sighed as I rubbed my forehead into my forearms. 'What would I do without you? I don't want you to be some stupid high school sweetheart I have then meet someone else who wouldn't even come close to you...' I felt my chest tighten even more. I really wanted to cry, but knew that if I did, I wouldn't be able to stop then she'd wake up and be all worried. I haven't even told her the most agonizing part of the whole problem, the possibility I might be moving.... I ran a hand through my bangs as I looked out her side window. The sun was coming up now and we were both still naked. I haven't slept at all either. I felt extremely dead...

"You look very stressed out." I heard Jenna's girly voice. I looked over to see she looked very much awake, as if she had been the whole time. I gave her a weak smile as I pushed myself up and leaned in to give her a kiss. I watched as her eyebrows connected when I pulled away from her. "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" I asked as I averted my eyes, wanting to cuss myself out. The second I did that it gave a window for her to see that I actually wasn't fine.

"Baby, why are you lying to me?" She asked as she pulled me close. I sighed in contentment as I felt her arms wrap around me.

"Cuz, I don't want you to find out..." I said honestly, craning my neck to look up at her.

"Why?" She asked, more eager of knowing what I was hiding.

"Can we just not talk about it?" I asked as I turned around in her arms and laid my head on her chest, closing my eyes as I heard her steady heartbeat. Her chest lifted up slowly then fell rapidly.

"It's been a week, Lars. I know something else is wrong, so why not just tell me already?"

"Jenna... drop it ok?" I pulled away from her, not giving her eye contact as I swung my legs over the bed and was about to stand when I felt her all too familiar arms wrap around me and hold me against her chest. I felt a lump build up in my throat. I ran my hands through my bed messy hair as I turned around to look at her. Her choppy bangs were across her eyes, the sun making them shine a brighter green than normal.

"I'm done with 'dropping it', Laura. I remember you telling me that we're in a relationship and that we should tell each other what was wrong and what the other was thinking. We need to talk about this because I know whatever it is, it's eating you up. Yes babe, I noticed even though you think I didn't." I wanted to pull away from her so bad, and defend myself against that statement, but I knew she was one hundred percent correct. I did say that when we first started going out, so arguing against that would just be a huge fail.

"My dad got a new job. They gave him an investigator title." I said in a toneless voice. She leaned back, the blanket falling away from her as I turned around to look her in the eye.