《Chapter 4》Sleepover?

We got on the bus, and he texted his mother. I did the same. She was fine with it, I didn't think she would refuse, but I still felt like I should at least let her know.

The ride home was pretty awkward, I was sort of hoping my mom would be able to break the awkwardness as soon as we got home, I had to calm down as well.

--

We finally got to my house, I could see he was nervous. I went inside and he followed me "Nathan?" All of a sudden I heard my mom from the living room.

"Yeah, Im back" I pointed Adam to the living room after putting all of our stuff away. "You must be Adam" my mom got up as soon as we walked in "Yeah, nice to meet you" want something to drink?" She asked

"Yeah..I'm fine with anything" you're doing great mom, "make yourself at home, a friend of my son is a friend of mine" she said as she walked into the kitchen "mom, please don't be weird" I said walking after her, Adam took a seat on the couch and waited for us to come back with drinks.

"He's cute" my mom whispered as I walked next to her "mom?!" I pushed her aside and walked up to him "what, it was a compliment, I'm not judging" she followed us and then went into the hallway.

"I'm going to the store for a second, you guys can handle it here right" she got her bag and car keys and got ready to leave "yeah mom, bye mom" I said as I gestured her to go. Adam just nodded and my mom smiled. "Be back in 15min. Don't break the house, oh and I don't know when your father will be home, so if he's back before me, tell him where I am" after that she left.

And it got awkward again "uugh" I stretched on the couch, Adam just looked around a bit "so, is there anything you wanted to do?" He asked... "I don't know, you?" I asked as I got back up "i mean, you said you wanted to be alone, there must be a reason right" I felt embarrassed again, ''there wasn't really anything specific I wanted to talk about. "

"Want to play some games then?" My brother suddenly walked into the living room. "I mean, I'm bored and you're a guest right. Hi, I'm Micheal."

I just looked at him ,I was surprised he'd suddenly come down for one of my friends, he'd never do that with anyone ever before. He looked back at me, confused to why I was so surprised. All of a sudden Adam started laughing, which surprised me even more "sure, that's sound fun" He answered.

All three of us played games until dinner, afterwards we all talked.

--

It started raining pretty bad, later that evening. And it was getting worse..

"Adam, maybe it's time you left, I'm afraid if the rain continues to get worse, the buses won't be going anymore." My dad suggested

"yeah that might be a good idea" he said. "I'm afraid it's too late" my brother said "what? Why" I asked "look" he showed us a message saying all the public transport had stopped.

"Oh...what am I going to do?" "he can stay here until. It gets better" my dad said "yeah but that might be too late by then."

"He can sleep over" my mom suddenly suggested.

Huh?

"Yeah, I guess that's possible" by dad said

huh?!

"Yeah I think that might be the safest solution". My brother said "

"really?" Adam's eyes got bigger, he looked really happy.

"Well, then it's settled, honey, can you go set thinks up so he has a place to sleep" my mom asked my dad. "Which room?" He asked "Nathans room" my brother said "duh."

"Ok then, Nathan come help me." "Oh, ok"

--

"Well, this is awkward"
My dad and I put down a Mattress, and got some extra blankets and pillows from everyone in the house. It was placed next to my bed.

"How is it awkward" Adam asks. "Well.. Just.. awkward." I hear him giggling "what's funny?" "Oh nothing, this day is just fun." I can feel my face turn red again.

"Your family is amazing, you know?" He said as he turned around, "really?" I also turn around, now facing him "Yeah, I wish I could stay here more often." He said, looking up at the ceiling

"I mean, you're always welcome. And my brother actually likes you, that's something special, believe me." I say, followed by a laugh. He looks at me, I can see a faint smile on his face.

"I'm sorry about lunch, I didn't know you wanted to spend time with me alone, I shouldn't have accepted your friends to join"

" what? Oh it's really nothing, you wouldn't have been able to make them stay away anyway. They do what they want" it got silent for a moment. "hey?" Adam turns back to look at me

"Yeah?" "I'm really happy we became friends" I smile, turn around to hide my face. "Yeah, me too"

After that we both fall asleep.

--

"NATHAN, ADAM WAKE UP.!!"
"Ugh, what time is it?" As I wanted to get out of bed I realize Adam isn't laying there anymore, I look around and see him standing across the room.

"What are you doing?" I ask confused, still trying to wake up. "Looking at the pictures" I then realized the pictures on my walls, I don't really spent much time in my room, except for when I sleep or do my homework. I did always have a lot of family pictures.

I got up and stood next to him. "It looks really fun" I see he's smiling. "I'm sure you have fun memories too.." I say. "Yeah, I do." I got dressed and ready to get downstairs

"hey-" "NATHAN WAKE UP!!" My mom interrupted what he was about to say, I walk outside my room, "WhAt?" I yell back. She comes to the stairs and yelled once more

"Adams Mother is here to pick him up" what? I go back in the room to help him gather his things, and then we both go downstairs. His mother was sitting on the couch.

"Adam! I'm so happy your okay!" She hugged him tightly. As she was doing it she smiled at me. "Thank you all for taking care of him" Adam tries to break free from her grip

"mom, let go. I'm not a little kid anymore" she let's go of him and picks up her phone. "Oh, I'm sorry I got to go, Adam?" She asked "Yeah?" He turns to face her "do you want to come with me, or are you able to get home on time?" He looked at me, and then back at his mother.

"I'll be back in time". His mother nodded and then she left the house. I walked into the living room and took a seat next to my mom. "Oh wait, my phone is still upstairs" Adam suddenly goes back upstairs, leaving the room with only the sound of the tv.

"How was it" my mom suddenly asked "How was what" I ask confused "your sleepover" she looks at me, but her head stil facing the tv''

"It's not a sleepover mom, he didn't really have a choice" my mom focused her eyes back at the tv. "Got it."

Adam came back from downstairs. We both looked at the clock, we had about 10 min.

Left to get to the bus, it's still school. But fortunately, because of the storm last night, we all had to start later.

We sat down to watch a bit of tv, before grabbing all our stuff and going to the bus stop.

--

"Hey?, about today" Adam asked when we're just 10 min away from school. "Yeah?" "Would you like to have lunch, just the two of us" he asks. "Yeah, but there's no way we'd be able to lose my friends" he looks at me, smirking

"what do you know that I don't" I ask "well.. today I have a key to an empty classroom, from now on I'll have that key. Almost every day." he reaches in his bag and pulls out a small silver key "How, why?" He pulls the key back before I could take it. "I  have my secrets".

Since we became closer, he has showed a lot more emotion then before, in public he'd still be really shy, but when we're together it looks like it's get a lot less.