《Chapter 24》Friends

I look at the person standing in the hallway, I didn't know who it was, but somehow, Micheal did

"what are you doing here?" He asks angrily as he walks downstairs.

"I asked.." he answers with a smirk "who are you?" I ask as I walk up to them.

"Hey, I'm David, your brother's roommate back at the university" he holds out his hands and I take it.

"I'm Nathan, his brother," I say smiling "yeah, I know. He told me a lot about you," he says looking at Michael, I looked at him too and he suddenly starts blushing slightly

"A-anyway, shouldn't you go back to your friends?" He says as he looks to the top of the stairs.

I nod and start walking back upstairs, as I reach the top I notice Adam going outside my room

"who's there?" He asks as I get closer "my brother's Roommate" "why is he here?"

I look back down "I don't know" Adam gets closer to the staircase and suddenly starts walking down as well

"what are you doing here?" He asks confused as he walked up to David "oh that's right, almost forgot! Mom sent me here to come to pick you up"

he looks at him confused "why would she ask you that?" He asked suspiciously.

David looks away, trying to avoid his brother's stare, but after a couple of quick looks back he let out a long sigh and gave in.

"Okay, she didn't. When I got home you weren't there, I asked where you were, and she gave me this address" he admitted scratching the back of his head.

Adam let out a chuckle and slightly shook his head "of course"
his brother laughed awkwardly, and moved his arms, asking his brother for a hug. As Adam hugged him back, the rest of the group got tired of waiting and all came downstairs as well

"what going on?" Rachel asked. Her eyes widened as she saw David and almost jumped him in n order to get a hug as well. He let out a laugh and tightly hugged her back.

Everyone was staring at them. "When did you get back?" She asked as she stepped back to look at him "today" he said smiling brightly.

"Uhmm... guys.. maybe we should move to the living room?" Michael interrupted.

I looked around and noticed we were all standing very close to each other.. Michael almost stuck against the wall.

We all laughed and made our way to the living room and all dropped onto the couch.

At this point, I was already really tired. I kind of wanted everyone to leave and then just climb into bed.
But I didn't have the energy to make them all leave. And I was kind of curious about David.

I leaned back and listened to everyone happily catching up to each other and getting to know the rest.

I looked up slightly to see Adam happily talking to everyone.  Feeling a bit jealous about the attention he was giving everyone but me.

Almost falling asleep, I leaned my head on Adam's shoulder and just stared as everyone continued talking.

A couple of looks from Emily made me realize just how much I was leaning in. I was almost laying on top of him at this point.

To be honest, I didn't care who was staring. I was tired and wanted to sleep. And his shoulder just happened to be the most comfortable thing at the moment. And I'm pretty sure Adam didn't really notice, as he was concentrated on his conversation with his brother. I closed my eyes and slowly started to doze off.