Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I sat here on my bed looking at Monica’s sleeping form. I know she’s been suffering over a guy for years now. But she refuses to talk to any of us. I don’t know how to help her. But damn those guys really are a pain in the ass. I hope Alia at least has a happy ending tonight.

I wasn’t sure how to feel. Because all I kept doing was thinking back to tonight and my problems with a certain jackass. He is one obnoxious, pompous fool.  I tried to catch his attention and all he would do was ignore me. When I danced with Liam I asked him what Scott’s problem was.

Well I guess I should start by telling you I know Liam. Yup, he’s interning at the hospital I work in. “he thinks you’re a flak?”

“What?” I ask all outraged.

“He said he’s done playing the field. That he needs a stable woman. I’m guessing he does not really know you huh?” He asked me.

I smiled “Guess he told you about that crazy woman he arrested huh?” I asked back

He starts to laugh. “I had no idea it was you until you walked in and he cursed. Why don’t you tell him what you do for a living and the reason why you behaved that way?”

“I’m sure daddy told him. But I don’t get it and you better not tell him what I do for a living. It’s none of his business. I don’t understand. Does he expect or want a boring respectable girl?”

“Look he’s looking at me all mad. I think he wants to not like you.” Liam smirks and I roll my eyes.

When we got back and as I saw Alia was going to finally dance with Blaise. I asked Scott to dance and he literally looked down at me. Like I was a lower life form or something. So I was hurt and went to dance with some guy. I would look at the mean glares he would give me as I started to dance more provocative with the guy.

 I sniffed and shrugged my shoulders remembering the night. His loss, I will not worry about him.

That night I dreamt that he had danced with me and held me tight in his arms. I woke up to the sound of dry heaving in my bathroom. “Monica shut the door” I yelled as she started again. “Serves you right for drinking so much. I swear I have no idea what guy wronged you. But I think it’s time we got the happy you back.”