Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Dan POV

It has been about a week since I found out about Pj. We have spoken a few times since then. He is actually an alright guy. So far I hadn’t had any run-ins with Chris or Phil, which I was grateful for. After what Pj said, I was scared to go anywhere in my house without checking that no one was in there first. Pj had done what he said, holding them off, and I was thankful to him for it.

I had just got in from work, and I walked upstairs and to my room to change into something more comfortable. I put on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and one of my old t-shirts.

“Well, well, well. Look who’s here.” I heard a voice say from behind me. I quickly pulled my t-shirt over my head properly and spun round. I was faced with two people I hadn’t seen before, which could only mean one thing. Chris and Phil had decided to turn up. I knew this would happen eventually, but I still wasn’t prepared for it. I remembered what Pj had told me about leaving if they were in the same room, but they were standing in front of the door. I decided to make a break for it. I ran towards the door, but it closed before I could reach it.

“I don’t think so.” The same voice from before said. He had brown hair that was in the same sort of style as mine.

“He looks pretty weak if you ask me.” The other one said. He had black hair, also with hair similar to mine.

“Yeah, we could take him.” The other one agreed.

“Please, just let me out.” I practically begged.

“Why? We only want to have a bit of fun.” The black haired one said with a dark glint in his eye.

“Please, I haven’t done anything to you.” I said. That was probably the wrong thing to say. The black haired one’s face dropped.

“You invaded our home.” He said.

“I didn’t know you were here.” I said, trying to reason with them.

“No, but you have for a few days now. That’s enough time to leave.” The brown haired one pitched in. they moved a bit closer to me. I tried the door again, but it was still stuck. I decided to do the only thing I could think of.

“Pj!” I shouted, hoping that wherever he was, he would hear me.

“What do you think that’s going to do?” The brown haired one asked.

“Pj!” I tried again. I felt myself be thrown and pinned to the wall by a cold hand around my throat.

“Now listen here–”

“What do you think you’re doing?!” I heard Pj’s voice cut the black haired one off.

“Stay out of this Pj.” He said.

“Get off him. Now.” Pj said sternly.

“Who are you, my mother?” He asked. I was still being pinned to the wall.

“Phil, let. Go.” He said. So this was Phil then. Which means the other one was Chris.

“Make me.” He said.

“Phil, maybe you’re taking this a bit too far.” The brown haired one, now known as Chris, said.

“Oh, you think?” Pj said to him sarcastically. Phil’s grip seemed to be getting tighter, and I was starting to struggle to breath. Suddenly, I felt his hand release my neck, and I fell to the floor, clutching at it, coughing. Pj had dragged Phil away. I crawled into the corner of the room, and Pj dragged Phil out, followed closely by Chris. I could hear the shouts, which were slowly disappearing. Eventually, there was nothing but silence in the house. I slowly got to my feet and left the room, checking that no one was there. I went downstairs and got a drink, then curled up on the sofa with my laptop, deciding not to move for the rest of the night.

It was about 12am when I finally decided I would brave leaving the sofa, to go to the safety of my bed. I moved as quickly as I could, taking the stairs to at a time, and getting to my room in record time. I got changed into a pair of pyjama bottoms, and then quickly went to brush my teeth. I got back to my room, checking there was no one in there, and then turned the light off and ran to my bed. I quickly got under the cover, burying my face in them so I couldn’t see anything in the room.

“You know, the covers don’t actually stop the monsters.” I heard a playful voice say from outside the covers. It was one of the voices from earlier, Chris’, I think. I slowly moved the cover so I could see, and surely enough, there was Chris, standing by the door.

“Please don’t hurt me.” I begged, getting ready to call for Pj, as pathetic as that is.

“Relax; I'm not going to hurt you.” He said, turning the light back on. I was blinded for a second, but opened my eyes to see him approaching the bed. “I actually came here to apologise. Do you mind?” He asked, gesturing to the bed, asking for permission to sit. I moved my legs over so he could sit. “I’m sorry for the way I acted earlier. It was totally out of order. I just have a problem with new people moving in. I’d never actually spoken to you, so there was no need for what Phil and I did. I really am sorry.” He said sincerely.

“It’s fine, I guess.” I said.

“And don’t worry about Phil. Pj gave him a right talking to. He should hold off for a few days. And I will try and keep him back as well.” He told me.

“Thank you.” I said.

“You shouldn’t be scared in your own home. You have just as much right to be here as we do.” He told me.

“Yeah, I'm totally fine with you being here, just please don’t attack me in my sleep.” I said, lightening the mood.

“Don’t worry, I wont.” He smiled. He got up off the bed.

“Well, you better get some sleep. You have work in the morning.” He said.

“How do you know that?” I asked.

“Just because you can’t see us, doesn’t mean we can’t see you.” He told me.

“That’s just creepy.” I told him.

“I know.” He shrugged.

“Night Dan.” He said.

“Night.” I said. He walked out the room, turning the light off as he did. I laid back down, closing my eyes, feeling safer than when I went to bed. Hopefully I wouldn’t run into Phil anytime soon.