Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Dan POV

The next morning, I decided to get Tony over again. I rang his number.

“Hey Tony, it’s Dan. I think I may have found the source of the heating problem and needed you to come over and sort it.” I said, getting straight to the point.

“Really, today? I was only over yesterday.” He said.

“I know, but I looked after you had gone and I think I've found it.” I lied.

“Give me an hour.” He said, then hung up the phone.

“Well goodbye to you too.” I said sarcastically. I went to the cupboard where the heating mains were, and took off something that seemed important, leaving on the side. When the door rang about an hour later, I quickly went to answer it.

“So what is it?” He asked me.

“Well there’s this bit that I'm guessing goes on there, but it wasn’t attached. It was at the back of the cupboard.” I lied as I walked up the stairs. I picked up the thing and showed it to him. He took it and started to work in the cupboard.

“I’m not entirely sure where this goes.” He said.

“That’s fine. Take all the time you need.” I said. “Would you like a drink?” I asked.

“Just water, thanks.” He said.

“Alright, I’ll be right back.” I walked down to the kitchen and pulled out my phone. I dialled the number I needed, and then stood there for a minute, pondering over whether to call or not. It was a major accusation, and if I'm wrong, who knows what’ll happen. I decided to just call, and before I could chicken out, I pressed the button. It rang a couple of times before someone answered

“Police please.” I said quickly and quietly. It was at that moment that Pj entered the room.

What’s your emergency?

“There’s a man in my house who I think killed someone.” I rushed out. Pj tried to say something,  but I ignored him.

“Slow down. What do you mean?” The person on the other end said.

“He’s my landlord, and I think he killed one of the previous owners of the house.” I told them.

How do you know this?” They asked. What was I supposed to say to that? I can't say that ghosts helped me figure it out.

“He kind confessed it.” I said.

Kind of?” They asked.

“He didn’t say he did it, but when I brought it up he basically threatened me.” I said.

Okay, stay on the line for a minute, we’re sending people out now.” They told me.

“Okay.” I said.

“What’s going on?” Pj whispered.

“They’re sending people over.” I told him.

“So you actually did it.” He whispered, shocked.

“Yeah, I know.” I said.

Okay, who was the previous owner you said about?” The person on the other end of the phone asked.

“His name was Phil Lester. He lived here a couple of years ago.” I told them. I heard some tapping.

They regarded that as an accident.” The person told me.