Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Dan POV

I could see a bright light shining before I even opened my eyes. I slowly opened them to see the ceiling in my bedroom. I reached a hand up to rub my eyes when I heard an intake of breath from next to me. I turned my head to the side to see Phil sitting there. When my eyes focused properly, I could see he was smiling at me, but it looked more like a sad smile.

“Hey.” He said quietly.

“Hey.” I said. I sat up and moved to rest against the headboard of my bed. “What happened?” I asked.

“Tony came over.” He said. I suddenly remember that I had called the police on him.

“Did he get away? We need to find him.” I said, trying to get up, but I was held down by Phil.

“Hey, hey. It’s over.” He said.

“Over? What do you mean?” I asked.

“He was arrested. The police came and took him.” He told me. I let out a deep breath and smiled.

“Thank god.” I said with relief. I suddenly had a thought. “Wait, why am I here then? I don’t remember going to bed.” I said. Phil’s face turned to one of sympathy.

“You tried your hardest to get him to stay in the house, but at the last minute, he over powered you. I’m so sorry Dan.” He said. I sat there, trying to work out what he meant.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

“He pushed you down the stairs. You could hear practically every bone in your body. You didn’t make it.” He said. I froze.

“W-what?” I asked. He didn’t say anything, just put his arms around me. “But, I didn’t get to see my mum or dad. What will they say? I can't die yet, I'm too young. No!” I shouted. I was crying by this point.

“Shh, it’s okay. I’m so sorry.” He said, rubbing my back and rocking me from side to side.

We sat there for about 10 minutes before I calmed down.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to cry like that.” I told him.

“It’s okay. You’re upset, I understand.” He told me.

“There was just so much I didn’t get to do.” I said.

“I know what you mean.” He said. We sat there in silence for a while longer.

“I suppose there is one good thing that came out of this.” I said.

“One good thing that came out of you dying?” He asked, in slight disbelief.

“Yeah. I get to spend forever with you.” I admitted after a moment of silence. I slowly looked at his face. It had a blank look on it. Suddenly, he looked down.

“There’s something I should probably tell you.” He said.

“Okay.” I said, slightly worried as I just basically admitted that I liked him.

“When I first met you, I didn’t like you. At all. You had a life tat you could live. You could leave this house, and I was jealous because I couldn’t. When you agreed to help me, I slowly started to warm to you. I don’t know when it happened, but at some point, I guess I fell in love with you. I didn’t think anything could ever come of it, so I left it. Eventually you would leave the house, and I could go on hating anyone that moved in. but now all of this has happened and I realised that you won’t ever be able to leave, so why not just tell you, right? So that’s what I'm doing. Dan, I love you.” He said.

Throughout his whole little speech, I could feel a smile growing on my face.

“I’m glad you feel that was because I love you too.” I said. We sat there smiling at each other for a moment, when it was ruined by a voice coming from the door.

“Now kiss.” Chris said quietly. I quickly turned my head to him, feeling myself go red. Chris and Pj were both standing in the door way with massive grins on their faces.

“Piss off!” I shouted, throwing a pillow at him. They both disappeared and I turned back to Phil.

“So, can I kiss you now, or…?” Phil asked. I laughed and leaned forwards, connecting my lips to Phil's.

Hours later, we were all sitting on my bed, sprawled everywhere. I was leaning against Phil at the top of the bed, and Chris and Pj were laying over each other at the other end.

“You know the only bad thing about you dying?” Chris said.

“The only bad thing?” I asked.

“Yeah, the only bad thing.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“Enlighten me.” I said.

“We don’t have a PS3 anymore. How fucking tragic.” He said, looking sad. I slowly raised on of my eyebrows.

“Fuck you.” I said, laughing.

7 Months Later

We were all looking out the window. A van had just pulled up and people were getting out. There had been people over the house looking at it for the past couple of months, and I'm guessing someone had decided to buy it. A man and a woman got out of the van.

“I don’t like them already.” Phil said from beside me.

“Me either. They look to happy.” Chris agreed. I looked at Pj who rolled his eyes at the both of them. “Oh, come on, you’re telling me that you two want them here?” He asked.

“Well no, but ‘they look too happy’ isn’t a reason to kick them out.” Pj said.

“Alright, fine. I don’t want them invading and messing up all our stuff.” Chris said.

“Better.” I said.

“So we are scaring them out, right?” Phil asked.

“Oh definitely.” I said. “How long do we have to wait?”

“Two weeks. Then we can start it.” Pj announced.

“Ugh, two weeks of them. Can’t I just pop up occasionally in those two weeks?” Chris asked.

“Hm, I don’t see why not.” Phil agreed. We all laughed.

We made a pact that we were going to try and keep as many people as possible out of the house, and we would definitely stick to it.