Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Dan POV

Today was my only other day off in the week. Why I couldn’t just have them together, I didn’t know. I got up at around 11am, thanks to Chris playing on my PS3. I went downstairs to see him jumping around the living room, getting really in to the game.

“Dude!” I shouted, getting his attention. He immediately stopped what he was doing, turning round quickly to face me.

“Oh, hey Dan.” He said, chuckling nervously.

“What have I told you about my PS3?” I asked him.

“To ask you before playing it.” He said, looking down.

“I don’t remember you asking.” I said.

“You were asleep. I didn’t think you would appreciate being woken up. I was just being considerate.” He said smiling.

“What did you do before I got here? ‘Cause I don’t think you had one of those.” I said.

“I can’t even remember.” He said. “Can I carry on now?” He asked. I rolled my eyes, but let him anyway. I made my way to the kitchen, turning the kettle on and getting a cup out.

“So, you going to the neighbours today?” I heard Pj ask from behind me. I jumped, as always. I turned to where he was to see he was standing in the door way. I was about to complain but he spoke before I could. “You can’t say anything; I used the door this time.” He said smugly. I rolled my eyes.

“Yes I am.” I told him, answering his question. I poured the water from the kettle into my cup, making my self a cup of tea.

“What are you going to say?” He asked. I stopped stirring my tea, suddenly realising that I didn’t know what I was going to say.

“I have no idea. You can’t just casually knock on your neighbour’s door and ask about the people that used to live in your house. What do I say?” I asked.

“Just say you found some stuff from the previous owners and you wanted to know whose they were, or something like that.” He said. I nodded.

“Okay.” I said, finishing off stirring my tea.

“When are you going over there?” He asked.

“I don’t know. Soon.” I said.

“Well, good luck.” He said.

“Yeah, thanks.” I said as Pj walked out of the room. I was just about to drink my tea when I heard shouting coming from the living room.

“No, give it back!”

“You’ve been on it ages.”

“Get here quicker next time!”

“Stop trying to bite me!”

“Dan!” I sighed and headed into the living room.

“Guys.” I said.

“He wont let me play.” Pj complained.

“It’s my turn.” Chris said.

“How old are you two? Learn to share or I'm banning you both.” I said. That shut them both up.

“Someone’s getting into the role of a parent.” I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around to see Phil standing there. I laughed.

“Well, someone has to keep these two in order, and I don’t see you doing it.” I joked. He laughed slightly.