4

"Hello class my name is Melanie Matthews and I am your art teacher." I said as I turned around.

I grabbed some paper and passed it out.

"Today I want to see your skills. This paper is just a small test, but not for a grade. It will help me see what type of art you are interested in." I said with a smile.

"Miss. Matthews how was your date last night?" Shawn asked with a smile.

"It was great and I have another one Saturday." I said with a smile.

He went silent and I let out a laugh before sitting down and letting them finish the quiz. When they finished I had them grade it and then I told them what would be good for them.

"Shawn it would be good for you to take pictures. I am giving you a camera and having you take scenery pictures. That's where you take pictures of landscapes and settings. There doesn't have to be people in them, but there can be." I said with a smile.

"What about me sis?" Cory asked.

"Matthews call me Miss Matthews. You are going to be drawing so get some paper and a pencil and start drawing the pictures that Shawn takes." I said with a smirk.

"Is it for a grade?" They asked.

"Yes it is and I will be judging the pictures you take and draw." I said with a smile.

After awhile class was over and they went to fourth. I set at my desk and started to get my lesson plan for the next day ready. After awhile it was lunch time and I went to the cafeteria and set down. I smiled as I watched Jonathan walk in with a tray. I waved at him and he smiled as he walked toward me.

"Hello Mr. Turner what can I do for you?" I asked with a smile.

"I was wondering if this seat was taken?" He asked with a smile.

"It is by a super cute English teacher." I said with a smirk.

"Then I better go." He said as he playfully turned away.

"Sit down." I said laughing.

He set beside me and started to talk to me. I laughed as we started to talk and then I sighed as Mr. Feeny set beside me.

"Hello you two. How is your days going?" He asked with a smile.

"Mine is going great what about yours?" I asked with a small smile.

"Going great except Shawn is trying my patience..... again."

"Who is that?" Jonathan asked.

I turned to see a blonde haired woman. I watched Jonathan stare at her and I felt my heart drop.

"That is Miss Kat Tompkins. She is one of our new teachers." Mr. Feeny said with a smile.

"I gotta go I have a lesson plan to make." I said as I got up.

I saw that Jonathan was still looking at her and I walked past his sight to the trash can and threw my food away. I sighed sadly as I left and went to my classroom. I set down and started to get everything ready for my next class. After class I got all of my stuff and put it in my car before I felt a pair of arms around me.

"Can I help you Mr. Turner?" I asked annoyed.

"What's wrong?" He asked turning me to face me.

"Oh I don't know did you even realize I left lunch?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Well...... after I left I did." He said scratching his chin.

"Have fun with your next victim." I said as I went to walk away.

"My what?" He asked grabbing my arm.

"Victim! Idiot girl who thinks your a great guy!" I snapped.

"What is your problem?" He asked confused.

"Kat Tompkins I saw how you looked at her. Same way you looked at me at the club when we first met." I said sadly.

"Oh come on Melanie. We aren't a couple I can look at who I want." He said with a sigh.

"I thought we where a couple..... good to know where I stand." I said tears my arm away from him and rushing to my car.

I slammed the door shut and started my car and drove away. After awhile I made it home and ran up the stairs. I walked into my room and slammed the door shut falling on the bed.

"What happen?" Mom asked walking into my room.

"Not a couple. I mean nothing to him." I said through tears.

"Oh sweetie I am so sorry." She said sitting beside me and hugging me.

"I am a idiot..... I fell for the biggest player ever." I said as I hugged up to her.

After awhile she left and I fell asleep. When I woke up it was time for dinner. I walked down the stairs and set beside Cory.

"Sis you left me and Shawn." Cory said annoyed.

"I'm sorry." I said sadly.

"You okay Sis?" Eric asked softly.

"I'm sorry I'm not really hungry I am going to bed." I said as I grabbed a apple.

I made my way up the stairs then let out a groan as I plopped down on my bed. I took a bite out of my apple and then put it down and closed my eyes allowing sleep to take over. Before I knew it, it was the next day and I had to get up and get ready to teach. I walked down the stairs and smiled as I saw Cory and Shawn talking.

"The Turnaround Dance is one of the coolest things ever. We don't have to ask the girl out." Shawn said happily.

"But you have to wait for the girl to ask you." I said leaning against the wall.

"So?" Cory asked confused.

"So you might not get a girl to ask you out." I said with a laugh.

They looked at each other and made a run for my car. I smiled as I grabbed my bag and put a few touch ups to my hair. I walked out of the house and hopped into the car and started it leaving the house.