6

The next morning I woke up beside Jonathan in his bed. I found all my clothes and got dress. I let out a sigh as I left the room to get a drink. I heard the phone ring and walked up to it.

"Hey Jonathan it is me Kat, I was just calling to ask about our date tomorrow. Also I wanted to come over and get the clothes I left over there. I'll see you at work." She said hanging up.

I felt anger boil up inside of me as I heard Jonathan walk into the room. I felt him put his arms around my waist and kiss my neck. I pulled away from him and he looked at me confused.

"I can't believe you! Your dating Kat and you.... you slept with me!" I yelled as I pushed him back.

"Oh come on you started it!" He snapped as I glared at him.

"Me! You kissed me!"

"Yea well if you hadn't of worn that dress I wouldn't have!"

"Go to hell!" I yelled slapping him and running out of the room.

I made my way home and walked in to see my mom on the couch. I felt tears fall as she stood up and open her arms for me. I rushed up and hugged her quickly. The next morning I talked to Feeny about leaving to go to another school. When I was done talking to him I was given a job interview in two weeks.

"I can't believe your leaving." Eric said sitting beside me.

"I need a breather.... I'm sorry." I said sadly.

"How you gonna tell Cory and Shawn?" He asked softly.

"When it gets closer I will." I said softly.

Two weeks past and it was time for my interview. Shawn had moved in with us because his father was out of town. I let out a sigh as I talked to them and answered their questions. I heard the door open and turned to see my dad walk in.

"Dad what's wrong?" I asked confused.

"Shawn's missing." He said walking up to me.

"I'm so sorry but I have to go." I said rushing out of the room with my dad.

We started searching town and after awhile we made it back home to see Jonathan with Shawn. I let it a sigh of relief as I rushed up to Shawn and hugged him.

"Don't you ever do that again! You scared me half to death." I said looking at him sadly.

"Why do you care? Your leaving anyway." He said pulling away from me and rushing upstairs.

I looked at Eric and he looked at Cory, who ran up stairs behind Shawn.

"I'll talk to them." Eric said softly.

"After your done have them come down please." I said softly.

After awhile Shawn came down with Cory. I pointed to the couch and they set down looking away from me.

"Okay I'm sorry I waited to tell you that I was leaving, I wanted to wait because I don't know if I got the job yet. I am not leaving either of you. I will come to visit and I will be here every holiday I have free." I said softly.

"But you won't be our teacher any more." Cory said sadly.

"I know.... but I can't stay. I need time to think and I can't do it here. I will come back as soon as I can." I said softly.

"Promise.... that you won't forget us." Shawn said after awhile.

"I couldn't if I tried. You boys mean the world to me. Cory is my little brother and Shawn.....your the son I always wanted." I said softly.

Shawn looked at me sadly as he hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and then after awhile I pulled away from him and smiled up at him. The next day I left to my new job and started my first day at work like I did at my old job.

Hello class my name is Melanie Matthews and I am your art teacher." I said as I turned around.

I grabbed some paper and passed them out to all of the kids.

"Today I want to see your skills. This paper is just a small test, but not for a grade. It will help me see what type of art you are interested in." I said softly.

The day began and I started teaching at my new job. After awhile I got a call that Shawn was staying with Jonathan and he was enjoying it. After three months away from the boys and my old job I finally decided to go back and teach at John Adams high school. I made it to my old class and smiled as I saw the substitute who was filling in for me. I knocked on the door and she open it and smiled happily.

"They are all yours." She said walking out of the room.

"Good morning class my name is Melanie Matthews and I am your art teacher." I said as I walked into the room.

I set on my desk and started class, after awhile I heard my door open and turned to see Shawn and Cory.

"Melanie!" They screamed as they ran up and hugged me.

"I've missed you idiots also." I said hugging them back.