🌹 chapter 3 - Derek 🌹

Song: True Colours - Tom Odell
---------------------------------------------------------

It's almost been a year ago that you first met Derek Hale, a quite tough guy who was introduced to you as Stiles' cousin Miguel - what seemed to be wrong, obviously.
Whatsoever, you kind of found Derek interesting since the very first time you've laid eyes on him. Sure, he was older than you and far out of your league - as you thought - but still, he was always on your mind. And so comes that you were even more surprised when you were taking a walk through the woods and Derek suddenly appeared next to you. You were startled at first, looking at him after you stopped walking. "Derek..? What are you doing here?" He looked at you, his expression softer than what you've been used to. "I just saw you and thought I could bear you company. Does it bother you?" "No, it's fine." You and him then continued walking on the muddy path, talking about everyone and everything. Derek often smiled at you, what you considered was one of the sweetest things you've ever seen. He's rarely ever smiled at you. Once you were even thinking that he hates you for no particular reason. But anyways, his smile made you feel a tingling sensation in your stomach somehow and you started smiling at him as well. "Uhm, there's prom at High School soon, right?" "Yeah, why you're asking?" "I'm just curious. You know who you're going to pick already?" "No, actually not. All the guys I could've asked already have a date so.." "I could be your date", he stated boldly. You stopped to look at him, confusion clearly visible on your face. "Are you being serious?" "Do I look like I'm joking y/n?" You took a deep breath and your heart skipped a beat, what Derek seemed to notice - werewolf sense of hearing, you know. His smile turned into the faintest grin as he waited for you to respond. "..So?" "Yeah, uhm, if you don't mind.." Derek started laughing, not meaning it offensively. "Otherwise I wouldn't have asked you, y/n. You're such an odd ball sometimes." You were just standing there, watching him. He's never been like this when he was around you. Maybe because the two of you have never really been...alone? Who knew. You smiled at him, agreeing once more that you would like him being your prom date.

Then the day came, ready at last. Prom. And you were accompanied by Derek Hale. You would've never thought that would happen, but you were even more happy that it was. It really was happening. So you stood in front of your large mirror, observing yourself in your light blue ball gown (it actually was the same blue as Derek's eyes when he turned into a werewolf), a small tiara placed on top of your y/hc curled hair. You nodded contentedly and in the exact moment you heard someone at your front door. You went there and opened the door, smiling as soon as you saw Derek standing there, wearing a nice suit with a tie and stuff and handing you one single wolfsbane blossom. "I thought roses were too cliché so.." You chuckled as you took the flower from him, looking into his eyes. "Thank you Derek.." "Are you ready then?", he asked with a soft voice to what you nodded in response. He took you to his black camaro, opening the passenger door for you and waiting patiently until you sat in the car safely. Then he hopped in as well and you started making your way to High School. 
Derek pulled up in the parking lot, helping you out of the car and walking into the hall beside you with an arm wrapped around you protectively. All your friends looked at you with eyes as big as plates when they saw that you were there with Derek. But you didn't care. You and Derek were looking for a place to stand and as you found one, you started talking again. Somehow, talking to him never got boring. You noticed his stunning blue eyes sparkling every time he looked at you, and you were sure that your y/ec ones were sparkling just the same. Derek looked around before he gripped your wrist carefully, dragging you to the dance floor. You followed him obediently, trusting him. He pulled your body close to his, hands softly placed on the small of your back. Your hands found their way to his strong shoulders, stroking them slightly before a slow song could be heard from the speakers scattered around the hall. Derek and you then started dancing, none of you saying anything.  The dance was much different from what you expected it to be. It was intimate and very sweet; you've never seen this soft side of Derek. He looked into your eyes almost constantly, and so did you. You got to love those blue orbs of him, and not only them. You've always been afraid of developing feelings for someone like Derek Hale though, but now that you were that close to him, seeing him treating you so caring and wary, you were sure that you more than liked him. He surveyed you, finally breaking the silence between the two of you. "You know, y/n.. You really are special.." "What do you mean?", you asked sheepishly, slightly tugging on the collar of his jacket. Derek looked deep into your eyes before raising his voice again. "I've never met a girl like you. To be honest, I totally forgot how to love someone until I met you." Your face instantly flushed beet red, but the growing smile on your face couldn't be hidden. Derek might have guessed what that smile was supposed to mean because he leaned in, capturing your lips with his in the most delicate way possible. As you started blending out everything around you, the last thing you noticed were the pieces of a songtext. "But I see your true colours shining through. I see your true colours, and that's why I love you. So don't be afraid to let them show.." You smiled at that, exploring your own meaning behind these words. You now knew Derek's true colours, that he wasn't just that tough guy who always beat other guys' asses. He was just like any other human: developing a crush on a person that really grew dear to his heart. And that person happened to be no other but you.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3, done! Hopefully you liked this one. And don't forget the comments!🐺🌹