Chapter 5

"Come on, Percy," I called. "We have to go to History!"

"Ok." He grabbed my hand and we made our way to History class with Mrs. Dutton.

I came in, and sat down. When the teacher spotted me, she said, "Ah, you must be the new student, Annabeth Chase?"

I nodded. She said to me in Greek, "Are you a demigod, like Percy?"

My eyes widened. "Why would you say that," I said carefully, also in Greek.

"Well, I recognised both of your names. Percy Jackson, hero of Olympus, Survivor of Tartarus, defeater of Gaea. Annabeth Chase, Hero of Olympus, Architect of Olympus, Survivor of Tartarus, and also, defeater of Gaea. It is an honor to meet you two. I am also a demigod." She said in Greek.

When she said Tartarus, I realised that I was going to have a flashback. "Percy I'm going to-"

Percy's POV

Annabeth blacked out. I gasped, and kneeled down beside her. She jerked, and moaned. "P-Percy I can't see you! I can't see you!" she sobbed.

"It's ok," I picked her up. She jerked around. "Continue the class," I told the teacher.

She nodded, smiling slightly. "Bring her to the back room. You two can have some privacy," she said, winking knowingly.

I nodded. "Shh," I whispered in her ear. "We're not down there anymore. It's ok. It's just a flashback." Sobs wracked her body. It pained me to see her this vulnerable. I carried her to the back room.

She screamed, "Percy! No!" She screamed in pain.

"Shh," I told her. "I'm here. Don't worry. There are no monsters to kill us, no evil primordial to defeat, nothing. Shh...we're not down there anymore. It's ok. We're fine."

Her eyes opened suddenly. "Percy?" she closed her eyes and opened them again.

She looked up at me, and I captured her lips in a kiss. She threw her arms around my neck, and closed her eyes, I put my arm around her waist. She shivered, and we disconnected.

"I-I thought we were d-down there..again." She closed her eyes, and shook. I pulled her into my lap, and rubbed circles on her back.

"It's ok. We're not down there anymore. Don't worry. We're safe. We're safe."

She kissed me. I rested my forehead against hers. The door suddenly opened. There stood Mrs. Dutton. "Are you guys ok? I heard screaming..."

We both stood up and looked at her. Annabeth smiled shakily. "Yes, we're ok." I took her hand and we walked to the back of the class. There were no two seats together. Mrs. Dutton sighed, and told someone named Sarah to move. She complied, and we sat down together.