Sun and Moon

You had heard of them, a great many times. The Five Great Swords of Japan. The name alone was enough to convey how important, how absolutely priceless they were. As a Saniwa, you longed for the opportunity to meet even one. How could you not?

Perhaps that was why you were so elated when Horikawa came to you with an immeasurably beautiful Tachi in his hands.

Throwing your arms around the boy, you giggled and nuzzled your face into the stunned wakizashi's neck. "Kunihiro, you did such a good job!" What greater joy was it than to bring another sword home? This was how you united long-lost "family" members, partners, and friends. Kunihiro, while knowing how excited you could be, still had not grown accustomed to it.

After all, you were never okay with physical contact unless you were the one initiating it, which left some of the Toudan anxious as to how to handle you. Even Kiyomitsu and Yasusada off-handedly joked about you being even more hard to handle than they were.

Carefully rubbing your back, between the shoulder blades, he laughed. "Yes, I did it, Aruji! Are you proud?"

"Of course I am. Tell your team to take the rest of the day off and relax, you've earned it." Straightening out of the hug, you looked into his bright blues and smiled. Finally, you lifted the sword he had brought out of his hands and placed it on the desk behind you.

"Thank you! I'll make sure Kane-san doesn't cause trouble." Bowing, he made his way out of the room and left you with the latest addition to the Citadel.

Turning to face it, you sighed, shifting your weight to try to soothe the jitters you were feeling. This was...just, exciting. Waving your hand across the blade, you cast a manifestation spell.

In an instant, light filled the room, and flower petals swirled about you as a sudden gust of wind swelled out from the sword. Raising a hand to shield your face, you cast your gaze downwards, hoping to protect your eyes from the light - and debris.

"Mikazuki Munechika. They call me Mikazuki on account of the many patterns on my blade. Please take care of me."

That voice...his way of speaking. Wow. Looking up, you found yourself met with the calm and wise gaze of a deep blue sky. Somehow...although it was still daytime, you were gazing at the moon itself.

Such a soft, kind gaze.

The man was pale, exquisitely garbed in a blue kimono with intricate patterns woven through it. The collar was square, setting his apart from many of the other kimonos worn by Touken Danshi. His moons were reflected on his clothes, with golden armor layered over top which looked more decorative than protective. His hair was a midnight blue shade, cut uneven so that the fringe on one side hung lower than the other. His hakama was in contrast to the top, a gradient beige in color with hints of gold embroidered on it. Tassels hung from long, swinging sleeves, as well as from an ornament which adorned his head.

He was...absolutely magnificent.

He was also one of the Five Heavenly Swords.

Oh yes. Today was a good day. Kunihiro did very well. Trying to contain your joy, you nodded politely and then bowed. "It is an honor, of course. I pray you feel welcome here - I am called (name), and known as the Saniwa of this Citadel."

"Brilliant. Let us work well together." A gentle smile, and tilt of his head. You stared at his hair, wondering if it was as soft as it looked.

"Yes, of course. But first, you should get changed into something casual and easy to move around in. Those clothes are lovely, but you really shouldn't wear them roundabout. They're not practical for daily life at the Citadel." As you spoke, he nodded.