A Day for Brothers and Friends

Well...

It was finally time to fulfill Mikazuki's request.

You had to turn over your authority as the Saniwa for a full day, and spend the next 24 hours with Yagen Toushirou, doing whatever he asked.

It was an odd role change, and you felt yourself wondering if you should pick up his line - what do you need, General? - while addressing him today.

The mere thought of it had you smiling, ironically. What sort of a look would he give you?

When did the clock start on this 24 hours?

Making your way down to the Awataguchi room, you pondered the questions. When would it start, when would it end, and...

Had Mikazuki set a dangerous precedent?

A warm breeze passed you by as you thought these things, tousling your hair and imbuing the strands with the scent of morning dew and fresh blossoms.

Accompanying the steady rhythm of your feet was the clattering and squalor of a room full of rambunctious Touken who often seemed mentally as young as they looked physically. It was a dissonant melody which grew louder as you approached, rosy skin still steaming from your recent bath.

Testing your fingertips against moist strands of (h/c), you inspected the glimmering facets of your water-doused hair and then tossed the lock over your shoulder as you stopped in front of a very particular door. Here the sound was the loudest, with a low baritone accompaniment dead center trying to lull the many voices of this ensemble into order.

With a hand to the door frame, you drew a breath, trying to gauge how loudly you would have to call in order to garner the family's attention. "I'm coming in!"

Somehow, you had convinced yourself there would mostly be no surprises today. You were wrong. "Ha ha ha, the clock starts...now." Amidst a chorus of Good morning, General/Master, a voice cut in unexpectedly - startling you and making you glance down at a blue-haired man sitting just inside the door.

You jumped back as he turned his head, glancing slyly up over his shoulder at you. "M-Mikazuki!?"

A gentle smile pulled at his features as he pushed to his feet, turning to face you. "Hello, hello. You certainly bathe for a while, Master--- Did you take some personal time to relieve stress as well?"

Relieve...stress? You blinked at him. "Huh?" Maybe it was because he was a guy - a guy with short hair. He did not know the struggle that was washing, brushing, or drying.

Yagen slammed open the sliding door of an adjacent room, staring at Mikazuki in horror. "What are you asking the General!?"

Straightening with a look of amusement, he covered the lower part of his face with his hand. "Ha ha ha, is that not a normal thing for a human to do?" His eyes glimmered with mirth as he gazed down at you, seeming to be gauging your lack of a reaction. "My, how innocent."

"The General doesn't do lewd things!" A rolled up towel was tossed at the back of Mikazuki's head, presumably sent that direction by Atsushi. At least, you thought so.

You hadn't been paying attention.

Rather, realization struck you like a bucket of icy water. You jumped, staring at Mikazuki with eyes as round as saucers and mouth hanging open. "EH!?" Was he really asking if you... If you...had...

Saniwa.exe has stopped working. Would you like to restart?

Chuckling as he watched the thoughts flitting across your expressive face, he began making his way out the door when a hand caught his wrist.