Pitfalls, Snake Bites

The emptiness in the field was eerier than expected when the small search party arrived to look for clues. It was usually never left unattended, and yet today, no one was managing it.

People wandered about, walking the field and tree line. Everyone was calling out, and coming up empty. "Iiiizuminokamiiii!"

Yagen stepped out into the woods with his hands on his hips, glancing up and looking between the branches of the trees surrounding him. "Hey, Kanesada, are you hiding in the trees again?" He walked around, circling between trees and stepping over logs.

Walking over towards the shed, you pulled open the door and poked around inside. Nothing but equipment... And something scampering which made you shriek as you bolted back out of the door. Taking a moment to calm yourself, you looked up at Nakigitsune, who was watching you quietly. "He's not here, either."

The Fox, which was apparently what you heard scampering about in the shed, emerged from behind you and trotted over to the masked boy. "I only smell him here. I can't find where he left. Nakigitsune, did he turn into a garden gnome?"

Gokotai, straightening from looking under some of the plants, blinked up at you in response to the Fox's... suggestion. "C-can that even... happen?" He looked a little alarmed, wrapping his arms around himself. Well, if swords could become people...

Nakigitsune walked over, placing a hand on  Gokotai's head. "...Don't be silly."

You smiled, laughing softly at the idea. Well, but when He wasn't tasked with anything, didn't he actually laze about? "He probably would have turned into a potato, if anything." A couch potato, in fact.

Ahh, but neither Gokotai nor the Fox seemed to get the joke. Probably because they had never heard it. "A potato?!" They were gawking at you in shock, the Fox's fur puffing up as he staggered a little.

Yagen sighed, walking out of the woods and shaking his head. "General, don't encourage their imagination. My brothers won't want to eat if they think it might be their comrades transformed." Even though he said that, there was nothing stern to his expression. It seemed...kind of playful?

You smiled at him, holding up your hands. "Sorry, sorry." That said, there was still some searching to do. If he wasn't here, they needed to figure out where he had gone. You watched as the tigers nosed about, trying to pick up on a trail.

Although...tigers weren't really for that, were they? You still had to commend Gokotai for trying. Even if they could track, there had been quite a few people scuffing up the scent by now...because they were looking rather than watching.

A pair of look-alikes rounded the corner of the Citadel, chatting amongst themselves before they looked over and saw what was going on. Both solid white in dress, with excited yellow eyes as they ran over, waving for your attention.

Tsurumaru One and Two were on the scene, although you weren't sure who was who. You did notice that they had tassels hanging from their obi. One had a white tassel, one had a black one.

The one with the black tassel stepped forward, looking between you and the others who were with you. "Hey! What are you all doing poking around out here?" The second one hung back with his arms folded, gazing at Gokotai.

You could already sense a disturbance in the Force, and he hadn't even done anything. Yet. But... "Oh, Tsuruma---"

He cut you off with a smirk and a shake of his head. "Nope, I'm Kuninaga. He's Tsurumaru." Jerking a thumb back over his shoulder to the one standing behind him, it got Tsurumaru's attention. He turned his head towards you, then flashed a dazzling grin.