Moon and Fox

You woke with a start, eyes snapping open as you shot upright in bed. Glancing left and right, you found you were alone. Well, mostly.

Looking over, you noticed Izuminokami was sitting upright, talking quietly with Kunihiro. It seemed he had been brought food and drink, as well as a book. You could see the empty dishes set aside next to his futon, while his book laid open in his lap.

Kunihiro blinked over at you, then quickly got up and made his way to the door. Yagen stepped out of seemingly nowhere. "You can stay. The General won't be throwing you out." He glanced over at you and...although sleepy, you nodded.

"Okay." Horikawa turned and made his way back over to the bed, where you noticed Izuminokami had been staring at you.

Realizing he had your attention, he smirked. "Good morning, Master."

You were a little too tired to do anything other than stare, so you nodded slowly. "Yes, good morning." Giving a light stretch, your bleary eyes scanned the room. Mikazuki was nowhere to be found, leaving you alone with the Hijikatagumi and Yagen.

How had you ended up in bed? You didn't remember going to sleep.

Yagen moved over to your side, peering into your face. "General, I trust you rested well? Don't go getting sick." How nice of him...well, maybe it was natural for a mamorigatana to take such interest in your health.

You had more important things to worry about. Rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you shrugged off his concern. "Yes, I'm fine. How is..." Your gaze trailed over to Kanesada and Kunihiro, and you looked at them pointedly even as you heard Yagen's light sigh.

"He's clearly doing well." It was true - his complexion had improved during the night, and he's sitting up with no real issue.

He seemed lucid and... There wasn't a single twinge of pain to his expression. Yagen always did such wonderful work...

Well, that relieved your primary concern. Lowering your gaze, you exhaled. "Ah..."

Horikawa stood up, looking at you with...concern? Really... "You forgot to check the Smith, yesterday. We had a new Tachi." Well, maybe that was it. You didn't tend to neglect the swords when the Smith was finished with them.

You sighed, trying to shrug the matter off with a little levity. "Oh, so it wasn't Tsurumaru, after all?" It wouldn't be the first...or second.

"We already have two too many! Really, what's with that guy?" Izuminokami sighed, shaking his head. Next to him, Horikawa smiled.

Looking over at him as he crossed his legs and trailed his fingers through his hair, working out the tangles, you grinned. "What's with you and snake pits?"

He flinched visibly, turning his head away as he cringed. "Ugh---!" Kunihiro shook his head and laughed, pointing down towards Kanesada's ankles.

This, of course, set the Uchigatana to sputtering as he shot Hori an aggitated glare. "Kunihiro, don't laugh! Man, that wasn't cool at all..." He sighed, slumping his shoulders.

He was right: it really wasn't cool in the slightest. "Maybe you should watch your step."

Horikawa nodded as Kanesada looked over at you, a bead of sweat rolling down his brow. The small Wakizashi crossed his arms. "Stay in bed next time you're sick! Really, you should have just said to take you off the chore."

Clearly frustrated by the tag-teaming, he glanced back to Horikawa. "Jeez, Kunihiro! I know." He looked back over to you, expression...oddly serious. It was the only thing that prompted you to cut off the next comment you had prepared for him. "Master, you need to go greet the new Tachi. He's important to that Mikazuki Munechika..."