70

"Breezy

"Breezy." Quincy grabbed Chris's arm as it reached for the almost-empty bottle of Jack Daniels. "You'd better slow down. You are wrecked."

Chris had stumbled over to the makeshift bar as soon as the girls had hopped onto the desk. Sure, he enjoyed a good show as much as anyone else, but ever since realizing Jasmine had tried to get him kicked out of Bridgeport, everything about her seemed so calculated. Yeah, she was gorgeous and exotic and exciting, but she was also a giant bitch. And Chris didn't have time for that. Besides, the way Robyn fell all over herself trying to keep up with Jasmine made him a little sick. Why'd she even give a shit about what other people thought of her? That was one of the things about Robyn that had always driven him insane.

"Thanks, bro, but I'm good." The bottle clanked against his glass, and the rest of the liquid splashed against his melting ice cubes.

"I've got something that'll make you feel even better." Quincy had a weird smile on his face, like he'd just discovered Nicki Minaj naked in one of the suite's many closets.

"I don't really want to smoke anymore, dude." Chris had dragged himself to Boston even though he wasn't in a partying mood. All he'd wanted to do tonight was bring a couple of blankets out to the clearing in the woods and curl up with Kae, watching the stars. But he was too proud to stay home from Boston after what Kae had done.

"No weed." Quincy pulled his phone from the pocket of his True Religion jeans. "I just got this really sexy message on my voicemail about how much Alex is in love with me."

"That's cool, man." Chris threw back his glass of rum. "Good for you."

"No, good for you too." Quincy patted Chris on the back. "It was from that girl, Kae. And she said some other pretty interesting stuff too. You've got to listen." He punched some numbers into his phone and handed it to Chris.

Chris held it to his ear and let Kae's warm, slightly drunk voice sweep over him like the best kind of drug. "Because I'm in love with someone too," he heard her say, and suddenly his anger disappeared. All he wanted was to be holding her as she was saying that.

"Cute, isn't it?" Quincy nudged Chris in the ribs.

Chris stared at the wallpaper in a daze. What was he doing here, at the stupid Ritz in Boston? He wasn't interested in watching Dave get naked with the girls. The only girl he wanted to get naked with was back at Bridgeport. "Are you good to drive?"

Quincy grinned. "Great minds think alike." He patted the pocket of his jacket, and his keys clinked inside. "I wasn't drinking tonight. Are you ready to get the fuck outta here?"

"I'm already gone."