Chapter 1

————————

"I would totally not have tried out for the stupid Volley Ball team if I knew Nat was going to try out. Let alone get in." I huff as I slam my tray on the table.

It startles Tony who's sitting across from me, once again in a daze. Wanda was next to me and I just glance between the two of them before sitting down.

"Is everything okay?" I hesitantly ask before taking a bite of whatever I had on my tray.

"What? Oh yeah everything's fine sis." Tony mumbles and faces forward again, staving his salad with his got. "Other than the fact that this school sucks, it's wonderful."

I burry my eyebrows and look over at Wanda who shrugs her shoulders and continues eating.

"Sorry Raven But he's right." Wanda says. "This school sucks."

"Oh come on you guys. We are only halfway through October. There's things to look forward to in the school yeah." I bite my lip, mainly trying to convince Tony.

"Your on the year round volley ball team. You have something look forward to." Tony groans and takes a bite of his food.

I narrow my eyes at him and sigh. "Whatever Tony. It sucks anyways." I mumble and bite my salad.

"Why does it suck?" Wanda asks from beside me.

I sigh, and sit up properly again. "Just the fact that Nat's on the team and she's making my life a living hell. I don't even know how she got on! She screams when ever the ball tries to hit her." I roll my eyes. "The fact that the guys team has a bunch of idiots doesn't make it better."

Tony perks his head up and looks at me. "Did you say guys team?" He asks slowly and I look at him funny.

"Yes...?" I trail off in a question way. "Why? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah yeah everything is fine. Just checking." And with that Tony puts his head back down, mumbling to himself while eating.

I sigh and look up, focusing on the group of Avengers High. The freshman's don't really matter here, as no one pays attention to.

The sophomores a little more. They include Tony, who's my twin brother. No he didn't fail, I skipped a grade. Wanda, who's my best friend. Then there's T'Challa who's a quiet and sort of different. He's from Africa and moved here last year. Scott Lang is kind of like a miniature unpopular jock. He's super nice and awesome at Basketball. He's T'Challa's only friend. Then Sam Wilson is a nut case. He failed fifth grade or something, but he's part of that group. There's nothing much to say about him.

Then there's the Seniors. On the scale, they come before us, the juniors. Bruce Banner is a quiet guy, spends lots of his time with art. He's helped Tony with some classes too, since Tony isn't them brightest of them all. Thor Odinson is like a giant man of muscle. His brother and father are a teacher here so everyone knows who he is. Vision Jar is a super jock as well. Star football player. I've never really had a conversation with him but I'm pretty sure Wanda has a crush on him. Speaking of Wanda, her older brother Pietro is a senior. He is by far the funniest guy ever, and he is also a football player. Then there's James Rhodes. Like Sam he failed a grade and is supposed to have graduated. He's a huge basketball player and he's kind of a door nob if you ask me.

Then there are the juniors. They always say "save the best for last" right? Well, where do I begin?

Theres of course, me. I'm Tony's twin sister but I'm super smart and I skipped sixth grade. I'm also a volleyball player but that doesn't really matter. Then There's Steve Rogers. He's on the boys Volley Ball team and is always making comments back. Not a wise guy if you ask me. Natasha Romanoff, or Nat, is the most girly girl you'll ever meet. She is literally a bitch, she argues and is rude to everyone. Clint Barton is no better. He's a total player as is dating Nat. Everyone adores him for some reason and I don't know why. There's Bucky Barns who've I've only seen a few times. I think he's new and he's pretty quiet. And worst comes to worst with Peter Parker.

Peter Parker is like the Regina George, or Alison D'lerentance of Avengers High. He is the leader of the popular group, which most Juniors follow. He's a jock, plays any sport, always back talks everyone and he's just not a nice kid. There's no more to tell.

"How late are you staying after school for Volley Ball?" Tony asks me, taking me out of my daze.

"I'm not sure, it's just a practice. Why?" I ask Tony but by the expression on his face I can already tell why he's asking. "I'll be done before six."

"Okay, thanks. Is it cool if I stay at your place Wanda then?" Tony asks and looks right at Wanda

"Yeah of course. You know my parents are cool with you two coming whenever, considering." Wanda gets quieter and I shift a bit.

"Yeah. Well I'll volunteer to go home then. Mom shouldn't be left alone with dad." I sigh, standing up. "I'll see you later then."

I pick up my lunch tray and carry it to the garbage. I slide the leftover food in and place the tray on top. I could hear some screaming from behind me and I shake my head, turning around to see Peter picking on T'Challa. He picked up his lunch tray and tossed it away. Scott got up and helped him with everything that splattered over the floor.

"Raven Stark, please report to the office. Raven Stark, please report to the office." The secretary says over the intercom.

I shrug and avoid eye contact with the people trying to ask me why I got called down. I make my way trough the halls, around kissing couples and drama filled friend groups.

I walk into the calm and quiet office and walk up to the receptionists desk. "Hello, I was called down?" I ask quietly and they look up at me.

"Yes, Raven. Principle Fury wants to see you." She smiles and points to a seat that's next to his office.

I nod and stuff my hands into my pockets if my jacket and sigh. I sit down and think over the different reasons why u could have been called down.

"Ms Stark." Principle Fury says from above of me. I stand up and he leans me into his office, sitting me down next to someone. Bucky Barns.

"Um, is there anything specific you need, Principle Fury?" I asks awkwardly, coughing a bit at first.

"There is. I'm sure you know Bucky Barns, as he's another student in you grade?" Principle Fury looks me in the eyes, making me shiver a Bit.

"Yeah I've seen him around a few times." I shrug weirdly and glance at Bucky who just stares straight ahead.

"Perfect. He needs a tutor and I've seen how well your grades are and how you adapt." Principle Fury says, standing behind his chair. "I hope you'll be able to do this, considering your in Volley-Ball, correct."

"Yeah, I have either practice or games almost every night after school." I clear my throat. "But I'm good for any lunch hours."

I look at Bucky and he just shifts in his seat. Principle Fury also looks at him and it takes him a minute to realize that we want him to talk.

"I'm good with lunch hours." Bucky says in a very low voice that takes me off guard.

"Okay. I'll set something up for you two. I'll call you down later this week." Principle Fury says and sits down. "You Guys May go."

I instantly stand up and walk out of the office and down the hall to my locker to grab my books for my next class.