Chapter 6

————————

"I think you'll be okay Raven, just bruises and that's it. But your tooth, that's going to hurt for a while." Pietro sighs as he daps a wet towel on my cut on my cheek.

I sigh and slowly nod my throbbing head. "Do you have any pain meds?" I ask.

Pietro stands up and puts his hands on his hips. "Yeah we might have some, I'll go ask Wanda." And with that, Pietro leaves the room.

I just stay sitting on the bed, staring at the floor, not really thinking anything. I look up when I hear a knock on the door and see Bucky standing there, looking kind of off.

"You can come in." I mumble, keeping my head down to avoid eye contact.

Bucky shuffles into the room and sits down next to me on the bed. He doesn't say anything, so the room is filled with silence.

"I'm sorry about what happened." Bucky says, breaking the silence. I look up at him and a tear goes down my cheek, and I realize he's serious. "Really, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault Bucky. No one could have stopped it." I say quietly, facing forward.

"How long has this been going on?" Bucky asks, but I don't respond. "Raven, how long?"

"A long time. It didn't get bad until last year, when I was pushed down the stairs. They don't do anything to Tony, only to me. I was so scared to go home at night. I'm scared to walk down the street because the one time my dad gets the mail I'll be there." I start to sob.

Bucky just pulls me into a hug and I cry into his chest. He holds me until after I stop crying, and till Pietro comes back with medication.

"Wanda got some for you. Do you want to see your brother?" Pietro asks and hands me a pill and a cup of water.

I shake my head as I swallow the medication with the water. "Just wait please." I say quietly and place the glass on the floor.

Pietro leaves and closes the door, leaving Bucky and I alone in the spare room.

"I think it's time to tell someone." Bucky says. "I mean, look how bad it got this time."

"I can. We can't. Because if we do, I know for a fact that the cops will pull Tony and I from our house and put us in foster care. And we can't be split up, I don't know if I would be able to survive. As much as I want to leave I can't. I mentally can't leave." I cry and Bucky looks at me with sad eyes.

"Okay." Is all he responds with.

——————

Tony and Wanda were doing some sophomore thing at lunch, and Bucky was catching up on a math test he missed, so I was alone in the cafeteria eating lunch.

I was eating my sandwich, reading through my phone when I heard someone sit down across from me. I look up to see Steve there, without a lunch tray.

I swallow my food that's in my mouth and put my phone down. "Can I help you?" I ask, really confused on why he's here.

"I just wanted you to know that I'm Gay." He says loud and clear.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Okay? That matters why?" I ask, not judging him because I don't care on who he likes:

"I'm telling you because I'm gay, and your brother is hot." Steve smirks and this is when I choke on air.

"Tony? You think Anthony Stark is hot?" I say, using Tony's full name. "My younger brother of fifteen minutes, is hot?"

Steve nods, not denying it. "Yeah, he is. I know I haven't been the greatest person in the world, but..." Steve glances behind him at his group. "I kind of regret being part of that."

"Oh really? Look, I'll be nice to you because I'm not an ass. But I will be mean to you if you hurt someone again." I smile. "Can you bother explaining what happened between you and Bucky?"

Steve's face goes red and he looks down. "He told you about the train accident, didn't he? And the metal arm?"

I nod. "He told me everything. That's the advantage of having a best friend."

Steve hesitated for a moment before he answers. "After he accident, I had so much guilt. Because I kept thinking, 'what if it was me?' I kept thinking that I could have done more and when I saw Bucky with his metal arm, I panicked. I didn't know what to do, so I left."

I frown at Steve who obviously is remembering everything. "Tell him that." I say.

Steve looks at me and wides his eyes. "What? No! I can't do that, I've been so mean to him."

"If you want a chance with my brother, fix your friendship with Bucky. And maybe your friendship with those people. Then we'll talk." I smile.

Steve loosens up and smiles at me, before standing up and walking back to his table. When he sits down I notice Peter smirking an evil grin at me. I narrow my eyebrows and look back down at my phone.

Tony comes running up and sits down exactly we're Steve was a moment ago. "Have you seek Wanda?" He asks, out of breath.

"I thought she was with you?" I reply, very confused.

"Well, She was. Then the meeting thing was over and she said she'd be right back, and now I can't find her." Tony pants. "Why am I so tired?"

"I don't know Tony." I smile. I look around and see Vision walking into the cafeteria. And then a few moments later Wanda comes in.

"Hey guys." She smiles and sits down, eating her lunch. She stops when she sees both Tony and I looking at her funny. "What?"

"Where were you?" Tony madly asks. "I was waiting for you for fifteen minutes!" He says pretty loud.

"Tony chill out, will you!" I hiss through my teeth at him but he just shakes me off.

"Don't do that again." Tony rolls his eyes and starts eating his lunch.

Today had been a crazy day and it was only half over. Bucky was finally doing good in math, which makes me happy because I taught him well. But Steve coming and saying he basically had a crush on Tony? That was wack. Then Wanda and vision both entering the room with grins on their faces. I really want to say something is going on.

But the strangest thing of all is since what happened at home with my dad, Peter has just been watching me, day In and day out.

A/N: sorry for the slow update I've been busy.
I hope your liking the story so far.