Chapter 5

Aiden slams the door of his office as he enters inside. He's so angry to the point that he can literally feels the heat coming from his ears. How dare Chris calling him a coward? If he had to call someone a coward, it would be Chris himself and his brother, Aiden thinks angrily. Taking a few deep breath, Aiden tries to calm himself. He closes his eyes for a while and his thoughts drifts back at Chris's and Belle's intertwined hands.

"Jealous much ", Chris voice rings in his head. "Again."

Aiden pinches the bridge of his nose feeling angry with himself. He did feel something bitter when he saw them so closely together. At that time, he really wanted to punch Chris but due to the fact that they were in a working place, he didn't do anything which he would have regret later.

"Damn it", he mutters in disbelief. That woman still affects him as much as they were once a couple. Even after three years, Belle still have an effect on him and he hates himself for it.
He shouldn't feel anything for a cheater but still his heart doesn't agree with his mind.

He can still remember how devastated he was when he had learned that Belle was cheating with his best friend behind his back.

Flashback......
Three years ago.

Aiden parks his car and enter his apartment all the while checking his mobile to see if Belle have respond his messages but there are none. Maybe she's busy in class. Dropping on the couch, he sighs. He's feeling dog tired after a long day at the office now that he's handling both his own company as well his father's.

His eyes are still close when he heard the front door opening and closing. Thinking it's Belle, he gets up excitedly. He's dying to see her. But his excitement soon dies when he see's his mother entering.

"Aiden, my baby. I missed you so much.", his mother says while hugging him. Aiden rolls his eyes.

"We met yesterday, mom"

"I know. But a mother misses his son  the moment he's out of her sight"

"Well any particular reasons for the visit?" Aiden asks. He knows his mother well. Her visit always means she have something to tell.

"Apparently yes." She says as she rummages in her bag. "It's a parcel for you."

"For me?" Confused, Aiden takes it. Normally they should deliver his parcel here not at his parent's house. Shrugging, he chucks the parcel on the table without opening it. It must be another random letter from the bank.

"Why don't you open it"?, his mother asks.

"Later. Do you want something to drink, mom?", Aiden asks as he goes in his kitchen.

"No thanks honey but I should get going. Your father is probably at home now." Saying this his mother left.
Aiden sits on the couch again, thinking about Belle. She has been really busy these days and he can understands why. She wants to get her degree in Business Administration and to achieve it, she's working really hard. He's so proud of her. She has been looking after herself since she left the foster home. And he knows sometimes she had bad times at the foster homes but she was brave enough to endure it. He actually admires her a lot. That's the reason why he loves her a lot. She's a very brave person and is both beautiful inside and out.

Taking the envelope from beside him, he tears it open. He empties its content and several pictures fall from the torn package. He stares at them, shocked. In front of him are pictures of Chad and Belle. In some of them, they are hugging and looking almost like a couple. Among the pictures, what really catches his attention are the one where they are kissing yet when he sees the last one, he feels like someone have pull the rug from underneath his feet.