Chapter 18

Hey guys I have getting your comments and messages. Thank you for liking my story so much 🥺. It really means a lot and yes sorry for not updating sooner. It's just that these past months I have been feeling low and sad for no reason. It really sucks and I apologise. I pray to God that whoever is feeling the same way gets better. There's always hope. Just have faith in yourself. ❤

The next day, Aiden opens his eyes and closes it instantly. He winces when he tries to adjust his eyes to his surrounding. Opening his eyes slowly again, his eyes falls instantly on Belle's sleeping face. Her head is angled at an uncomfortable position while her hand is still lying on his forehead. His head is still on her lap. Taking her hand gently in his, he gets up in a sitting position. His migraine is completely gone. He takes a look at Belle and find himself staring at her sleeping face. She looks so calm and peaceful. Yesterday night she had been so worried about him.

Was it even real? Or is she just pretending? Again?

When this thought struck in his head, he sighs and leans his head back. Checking the time on his watch, he notices it's still six in the morning. He decides to leave before she wakes up. Just when he tries to keep her hand gently on her lap, she tightens her grip on it. Taken a little aback, he returns his gaze back on her face. Her calm face is gone. She's contorting her facial features and her breathing have deepen. She even looks like she might cry in her sleep.

"Bad dream", Aiden whispers to himself. He inches closer to her and brushes his fingertips softly on her cheek.

"Belle", he whispers her name quietly. Leaning his head back again, he keeps on watching her. Brushing his thumb under her right eye, he watches as she flinches again.

"It's okay", he finds himself whispering again. After a few minutes her breathing calm down. Aiden knows he should retracts his hand back but he does not want to. Yet.

He strokes her porcelain skin. It's still as soft like he remembers. He runs his eyes on her face thorougly, capturing her every delicate features once again. She looks so beautiful and fragile almost like an angel. But what troubles him the most are her eyes. Her dark circles are still evident. He caresses her right cheek and sighs sadly. He misses her chubby cheeks so much. It's not that Belle was chubby back then, it was only her cheeks that had a cute roundness to it. But now that she have lost a lot of weight, her once plump cheeks are gone. He looks at her again. She looks so vulnerable, so tired.

Truth be spoken, he still misses her like hell. After they had broken up, he just could not function properly. Nothing was the same. He couldn't eat or sleep without thinking about her. His every being was always haunted by her. When he had learned about her betrayal, his peace was gone along with his trust. Still watching her, the pictures which showed her betrayal flashes before his eyes.

Aiden pulls his hand back instantly as if her skin have burn him. He clenches his jaw angrily and gets up instantly. Nothing will ever be the same now. He hates her. He can't love someone who have betrayed him. When he hears his heart saying otherwise, he clenches his fists tightly. He have to hate her. This time, he won't let her come close. He will definitely make her regret for her betrayal.

Not sparing her another glance, he leaves from there.

Belle opens her eyes and winces when she feels a strain on her neck. Suddenly remembering Aiden, she looks down at her lap. He's not there. She looks around. She sighs and leans her head back again. He's gone.

It's already after lunch now. Aiden is ignoring Belle like a plague which apparently the latter have noticed. She makes as if it's not bothering her and continues with her work.