Chapter 10

Thanks everyone for loving and reading my book. Your votes and messages do motivate me a lot.
xoxo. T

Please vote and comment if you like this chapter. 🌚❤️🌝

Enjoy my babies. 🤓

She was getting better...But then
she remembered what she was
trying to get away from, she remembered
the things that tear her apart and
now she's back at the start.

Waking up the next morning, Belle stares at the ceiling blankly. She barely slept the previous night. Frankly, she does not want to go to work and face Aiden again. Now, she knows that people say you have to be very brave to overcome certain circumstances. She even read it in books several times, how the heroine acts tough and all but only the person who is suffering will know the real struggle.It's easier said than done. And that's how she feels at the moment. Tired and weak. It's like she's back at the start again.

A part in her mind is constantly telling her to battle against everything strongly. To be brave. But she's tired. Tired from everything. She still remembers how she used to feel when she was in depression months ago. It's like that hollow feeling inside her chest is creeping back in her body again. Making her numb.It's this heaviness inside her trying to crush her. It's like being in a pitch black room and no matter where she turns, she just can't find the exit to escape from the darkness. Everything and everyone is moving forward and there she is, still stuck where she was. Even, Aiden have already moved on.

She smiles sadly at herself. Just when she thought she's getting better, things is turning worst again. Aiden words have somehow leaves their marks in her mind and heart. No matter how much she tries to forget his words, she can't. They are stuck inside her head and at night when she can't sleep, she can hear his words echoing inside her head, feeding her demons. But as once her therapist had told her, she have to fight against her own demons so that she can survives.

She badly wants to tell Mia how she feels, but decides not to do so. She does not want to feel like a burden on her. She just have to place a fake smile on her face and that's brave in her opinion. Mustering all the courage she have in her, she gets up to get ready and face Aiden.

Aiden have been feeling like a complete jerk since he insults Belle in the elevator yesterday. He's behaving really unprofessional towards her and he knows it. But every time he sees her, he remembers everything from the past. He could evidently see the hurt in her eyes yesterday when he called her a tramp and he immediately hated himself for it. But he couldn't hold himself back when he saw that Chris was texting her. It's not his problem as Belle had stated yesterday but still, he does not like the fact that Chris is getting close to her.

In some way, he can hear Esme's stern voice in his head telling him to apologize to Belle. He knows she will be angry with him if she comes to know what happened yesterday. But even without Esme's scolding, he knows he should apologize. Sighing, he looks outside the car's window as his driver drives him to work. His mobile rings again and this time, he turns the damn thing off. His mother have been calling him endlessly since yesterday because apparently, Cora have already told her, Belle is back and she's working with him.

Cora already irritates him a lot and now his mother. His mother have never been affectionate toward him. Sometimes he feels like she likes to control him. She only shows affection to his step brother. Once he did asked her why she doesn't behave the same way as she does with his step brother and she said she do this because he was sent to boarding school at a tender age and he couldn't get as much love and affection as he got. But deep down he feels, it's not true. Since he was small, he did his best to make his mother love him. He did everything she asked him to but as he grew up, he gave up. He realizes that no matter what he did, his step brother will always be his mother's favorite. Even his father couldn't do anything about it and he doesn't blame him.