Chapter 8

Please vote and let me know if you like this chapter. ❤️

Enjoy babies. 🤓
Check out the song above. 🌠

~The heart wants what it wants~ ❤️

The next day when Belle arrives at the office, Aiden's already waiting for her. Since last night, she have been debating whether to accept the keys to the new apartment or not. But Aiden's right. Her apartment where she's staying right now is not safe and she also knows that if she does not take the keys, he will definitely be firing her.

"Belle?", Esme says as she hugs her.  "Are you fine now?"

Belle nods and gives her a smile.

"Great", Esme says while putting her glasses on.
"By the way, Aiden's waiting for you in his office."

Nodding again, she leaves her cabin and knocks on her boss's office door.

"Come in", his deep velvety voice commands.

Belle enters inside the lion's den and watches as Aiden leans back on his leather chair at the sight of her. He places the keys on the table.

"Here are the keys," he says. "After the working hours, Steve, my bodyguard will take you there and by the night all your belongings will be shipped at your new place."

Belle stares at him. It's as if he knows that she's definitely going to accept his offer. And he even have a "you better take it" look on his face. Taking the keys, she mouths a thank you and leaves from there.

The rest of the day pass well without Aiden insulting her or making any rude comments.

"Oh God. Not again", Esme groans when her phone rings again.

Belle looks at her questioningly.

"It's Cora. Again", she explains.
"They must have been fighting again."

She gets up and walks outside the door, murmuring incoherent words. That name rings a bell in Belle's mind but she could not place it right in her mind. She have definitely heard this name before. Not paying quite attention at her, Belle resumes doing her work.

At sharp five pm, Steve, Aiden's bodyguard comes to fetch Belle. Apparently they are going there in one of Aiden's car.

"Good evening ma'am. I'm Steve, Mr Hunter's bodyguard", he introduces himself.
"I'll be taking you at your new place."

Belle nods, feeling slightly weird at Steve calling her ma'am.

"Call me Belle,please."
She scribbles in a piece of paper before giving him.

Steve smiles, revealing a cute dimple on his left cheek.

"After you, Belle", he signals at the elevator.

Steve looks at Belle's profile which appears lost in thoughts. She's still the same, he thinks to himself . The only difference is that she looks thinner than usual and her eyes which were once bright and full of life are now dull.

Steve knows Belle since she was dating Aiden but of course Belle doesn't know that. He used to see them a lot back then and his father who is Aiden's driver knows Belle too.
He used to talk a lot about her and sometimes still does from time to time. He was very fond of her. But neither of them had been aware of the fact that she couldn't speak now. When Aiden had told him, he was shocked and he's sure that his father will be equally shocked as him.

Till this day he does not know why they separated. His father once told him, he heard Aiden's mother saying something about cheating and neither of them believed that Belle could possibly cheat on Aiden and till this day they don't believe it. Deep down in his detective mind, he feels there's must be something more about their break up. But one thing he's positively sure is that he's father will be definitely thrill to know that Belle is back.